Close

Help with Zcorp 310 printer

Hi - I would welcome any help with trying to get my Zcorp 310 working again. I have had it since new but migrated to using an Ultimaker because it was just easier...but as a result it has suffered through neglect, but now I want to start using it again as it's probably not worth selling? The one thing specifically that I cannot sort is the heater, (heating element?) which does not appear to be working, which I know will affect the print quality enormously. Although I think the printer is great for what it is..I got so annoyed about the cost of consumables which were a complete joke and ripoff - so if anyone knows of alternative binder and powder I would welcome that info. I hope someone can help. Many thanks - Archerboy

Staff Engineer
    On my 510 machine, when the heater stopped working, it was a simple matter of replacing the fan, which is a regular computer fan, that is screwed to a heat element that looks like something in a toaster. If it's not the fan that's broken, it's probably the heater element that needs replacing. But I don't think it affects the print quality enormously - it may help, but unless it's cold enough in the room to freeze the binder solution, I doubt it's really necessary.

For alternative powder/binder recipes, check out this site: http://reprap.org/wiki/Powder_Printer_Recipes

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'd seriosuly avoid any of the maltodextrin recipes. That stuff is massively hygroscopic.