Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Sculpteo as an Alternative to Shapeways

When Brian and I were in NYC at the Inside 3D Printing Conference this past week, we had the opportunity to speak with Kristen Turner, the US Marketing Director for Sculpteo. We had heard of them in the past, but really didn't know all that much about them. When you think about 3D Printing services, the first one usually comes to mind is ShapeWays. However, after seeing some of the printouts that were done by Sculpteo, I now know that there are more than one option out there.

I asked Turner, "Why would someone want to use Sculpteo as a service, rather than ShapeWays?"

I'm pretty certain she probably hears that questions a dozen times a day. The answer is a good one.

Sculpteo's turnover time is a lot quicker than Shapeways. In fact it is as little as only 3 days. People that have previously purchased 3D printouts from Shapeways, knows that it can take quite some time. Sculpteo realizes that this is something people don't like, and they have managed somehow to shorten turnover time tremendously.

Another thing that Sculpteo is now doing is, that they are providing quite significant discounts for larger quantity orders.

All in all, I think Sculpteo is a company that those that currently use Shapeways should give a look at. Compare prices, compare ship times, compare quality, and decide for yourselves.

Here are some photos from the Inside 3D Printing Conference, taken by Sculpteo.

Do you know if Sculpteo allows you to specify the orientation when printing? Shapeways doesn't. I've heard that i.materialise does.

Do Sculpteo and i.materialise have facilities in the U.S?

Steve S