Close

Unofficial Formlabs Group

Good morning folks. A few weeks ago I made a post requesting a formlabs subforum here.. Perhaps its up for debate between mods, etc, but I just wanted to reach out and let you know ive made a google group in the mean time.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...formlabs-group

Im not trying to step on anyones toes, but as a form1+ clone and a form 2 owner there needs to be somewhere to discuss the printers without big brother always chiming in. Since there is no formlabs forum here this is certainly not going to detract from your traffic. If we get 20 hits a week ill be surprised haha.
    I do want to get some open and honest discussion going about the printers and the pluses, minuses etc.
    thank you

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...formlabs-group

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Don't think I can make subforums, think you need to et hold of eddie for that.

I know... i posted a while back, and eddie responded that there are many reasons for having or not having sub forums... but it hasnt been created for one reason or another... No big deal... the more discussions about 3d printing the better... especially away from the heavy hand of formlabs (although they arent that bad haha)

Staff Engineer
    I'd join, but the sign-in page comes up with my son's Google info (he sometimes used my computer) and there's no apparent way to change it. But I'd be happy to talk about Formlabs printers with you here, since Eddie doesn't seem inclined to make any more sub-groups, or even consolidate some of the existing ones (even though most of them haven't had a single post all year, and one of them has never had a single post.) It's not like there's a lot else going on here...

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I'd join, but the sign-in page comes up with my son's Google info (he sometimes used my computer) and there's no apparent way to change it. But I'd be happy to talk about Formlabs printers with you here, since Eddie doesn't seem inclined to make any more sub-groups, or even consolidate some of the existing ones (even though most of them haven't had a single post all year, and one of them has never had a single post.) It's not like there's a lot else going on here...
    you can just go up to the google icon in the upper right and log out of that account, and log in with a new one... no biggie.
    I think we need less subgroups and more consolidation like you say. DLP Resin Printers, LAser based Resin Printers, Reprap, Cartesian, Delta, SLS, etc... place would seem much more busy with fewer forums.

Staff Engineer
    Thanks for the technical help with Google; I was able to make it work. Yes, it would be nice if this place was organized more logically. It seems that at the beginning there was going to be a sub-group for every brand of printer made, but as they proliferated that became impossible, so the whole structure froze in place, neither here nor there.

An overall sla section would be good - but alas, tis nothing I can do about the forum organisation.

so the google group is working out fairly well already.
    29 members, many of them are posting... hopefully it continues to grow

yeah but it's google. Kinda like supping with the devil.

But at least you can 3d print a long spoon ;-)

except google makes my life easier, cross platform searches, knowing what I want when i want it... im ok giving google my infos ;0