Close

Best glue for gluing PLA and/or ABS together?

OK, I'm trying to figure out what the best glue would be for gluing printouts I make together. I've tried Super Glue but it doesn't last very long. What would be the best options for ABS and best options for PLA?

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I've never glued PLA but for ABS take one of your thin walled bad prints and break up the part or use removed support material and put about 1/4 teaspoon or so in a small jar, like a baby food or even smaller jar. Add a little bit of acetone and stir it up. It will melt the ABS into a slurry. Get it about the consistency of liquid soap and then use it as glue. It's faster than super glue and is really a good glue for ABS. Adjust the viscosity per your needs.

Some people say that hotglue works well with PLA but you'll have to test it. I've read the both super glue and epoxy are not good glues for PLA. Good luck with the PLA experiments in gluing.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

I find Second glue great for PLA VERY strong, You might find another brand better, You perhaps had a bad brand.

Like RobH2 said, Acetone glue should do the trick, But i guess Second glue(Super glue i guess) will also do the trick, depending on how strong you want it realy.