Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1302% Funded - 4420 Backers - Awesome

Just wanted to say congratulations on a successfully funded Kickstarter Project. They ended up 1302% funded with 4420 backers, and raising $651,091. Can't wait to see how awesome they make this thing with all this money they have raised, and more importantly I can't wait to get my printer!

There is a bunch of people in the indiegogo campaign too.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Indiegogo still has 4 days remaining and is up to $59,000+, and 534 backers. So it's still not too late to back it.

600 backers at indiegogo! We already reached 5000 backers! So, outsourcing now?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Teruo View Post
    600 backers at indiegogo! We already reached 5000 backers! So, outsourcing now?
    5036 backers, but I don't think 5000 printer orders.

I'm seeing about 325 backers between IGG and KS that only pledged at the level for resin, shirts, or "thank you"s, so they're still a few hundred short of the 5k printers line.

I'll order 2 if needed! :P

I think if we ask them nicely they won't mind giving us the 5,000 backers perks such as the mold injected housing even though it's only a few hundred shy of 5,000.

If they really believe in their product I think it would be worth going for the 5k backers perk. This would make the product better and them they could sell the extra units latter.

They will save time and gain in quality anyway!

Peachy Printer Software Guru
    It's a matter of cost -- getting things injection molded has a very expensive base cost. My understanding is that it won't be practical to do. We are in the process of getting a professional laser cutter with which to produce the housing and frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast