Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Engineer
    thats a new one rob. very interesting. it does warp but usually about the same amt as pla. i wonder if your bed adhesion method just let loose or had weak bond on that corner. i have printed something of about the same measurements as you had and it stayed 100% locked to the bed. i have no enclosure either but i do heat the bed.\ to about 70c.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Yea Jim I don't know. I printed it twice. I printed the first one on Borosilicate glass with purple glue stick after good acetone cleaning. I tried it again on window glass with Aquanet. Both warped from the same corner. It could be a function of the part design. I also had a 12 line skirt. I plan to modify it and try it again soon. I'll report back about that.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Engineer
    it sticks well to blue tape. i do get it to stick to hairspray as well but it needs to be a couple real wet coats so its thick. i dont know why i am different than everyone else but i cant get anything to stick to glue stick. it might as well be a wax stick..lol

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Since I read about purple Elmers glue stick it's my best sticking method. It really works well for me except for nylon. I can't get anything to hold nylon 618 down. I've used almost an entire roll and have yet to get a successful print larger than a golf ball.

I'll try blue tape with Pet+ but the problem I have faced frequently with it is that the plastic sticks to it well and the blue tape actually comes off the glass. So the end result is the same, a floating corner. I suspect part of the problem is the design of my part. I'm going to modify it. I'll try blue tape again and see if it works better for me. Don't get me wrong. I really like Pet+. I'll be using more of it than ABS.
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Engineer
    rob, goto someplace that sells autobody supplies. napa would probably even have it but your looking for 3m green tape. not the green stuff in home depot. this is 3m 233+. this is their automotive refinish tape. the tape part is the same as the blue but it has way stronger adhesive, doesnt leave adhesive behind. and with any tape, put it down with a squeegee. for 3d printing on a heated bed this tape is way better.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Great tip. Consider it done. I'll pick some up tomorrow. So, put it down with a squeegee, not a roller? That's the first I've heard that. I like new techniques.

Thanks...
    Bambu P1S/AMS

Engineer
    Anytime you put any type of adhesive film down and you want to do it bubble free and push it down to the surface always use a squeegee. Thats what they are made for. Not a rubber squeegee like you clean glass with. The little plastic ones for installing window tint or sign vinyl. Actually if your getting the tape then look for a small bodyfiller spreader. Its the same thing basically.

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm surprised PET has not passed ABS. The beginner people using printers in small rooms or homes where the PET has the odor advantage would seem to be the people who would use the least plastic and thus be bothered the least by the higher PET price.

Engineer
    i personally have no problem at all with the smell of abs. i dont even really smell it at all. the pet+ is great in my book and i also dont understand why its not as wide spread as abs either. maybe in time it will get there.

Engineer-in-Training
    Well our printing place would be in an office, with nextdoor offices doing beauty care; they already complain about things cooking, etc.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast