Close

Separating Resin from Salt Water

I know there has been many questions on how to separate Resin from Salt water

I know Resin and salt water is very similar to how when Oil and water are put together they separate into different levels according to there density in a beaker.
    I know resin's properties are way different than oil but this might still work the same way even though they are different materials.

In the video they use a special cloth membrane to separate the oil from the water using superhydrophilic–superoleophobic properties.
    I'm not 100% sure this would work exactly the same but it might do something similar with the resin and the Salt Water.

Or just use a simple turkey baster to suck out the resin from the water that could work too !!!

Last edited by 3Dmonkey; 10-20-2013 at 09:52 AM.

I'm not 100% sure of this ethor so do not take my word for it perhaps this filter was created using Neverwet spray which is a superhydrophilic spray which was sprayed upon some sort of cloth or paper which was used to create a filter to separate oil from water.