Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Technologist
    Thanks Todd but the $150 is a lot if S3d doesn't print this any better than the free software. I can email you the file if you want to try it out on S3D.

Technologist
    As you wish Sebastion......
    Front looks great!! (2nd pic)
    Back...not so much. I did this print with NO supports at all. The printer and ninja-flex actually almost did it.

20161010_183500 (800x800).jpg

20161010_183507 (800x800).jpg

Am I right in assuming that the 'front' was on the build plate and the 'back' was facing up? If so I reckon you may have a calibration issue. If not then try flipping it around so you don't need supports.

Can you upload the file? Or email to sebastian@ecadesign.co.za?

Engineer
    S3D is almost as important as buying the printer itself :P

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what's supposed to be wrong with that print ? For ninjaflex, it's pretty clean.

Technologist
    You are correct Mr. Aardvark. I was trying to use supports for the overhangs. that is when things went horribly wrong! I discovered that to use supports with ninja-flex, you have to use ninja-flex (using the same extruder) or you get a stringy mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Actually I have to recant my comments about Flashprint. After reading jfkansas's comment I downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Its not bad actually. Calibrations values are a bit different so it took me a while to get materials dialed but now its running very well. Haven't tried a dual extrusion yet as I am busy with a large project. Hopefully I will be able to complete it by Saturday evening and then do some dual stuff on Sunday.

Anyway... Flashprint is in some ways better than Makerware: it has a fresh look to it, all the settings are there that I need to fiddle with, it doesn't do that stupid purge line along the front of the HBP, manual support placement, random layer start points to name a few. I heard (but not tried) that supports and rafts are as junk to remove as with Makerware so that's not good. Ultimately I will invest in S3D.

Makerware 2.4 is the preferred MW release. There are download links in the Flashforge section.
    I am admittedly a newbie on 3D printers but I have a FFCR and I cannot get Flashprint to print even though it appears to talk to the FFCP. I keep getting in a loop when I try to print is pops up a window with parameters and when I continue it asks to save the file. When I do that it goes back to the point where it has the print.

Super Moderator
    Flashprint does not print via USB for the Flashforge Creator Pro. You must save to SD card and print from that.

Quote Originally Posted by towatson View Post
    I am admittedly a newbie on 3D printers but I have a FFCR and I cannot get Flashprint to print even though it appears to talk to the FFCP. I keep getting in a loop when I try to print is pops up a window with parameters and when I continue it asks to save the file. When I do that it goes back to the point where it has the print.

Thanks! As I said, I am a newbie .

Super Moderator
    Happy to help! There is so much to this stuff it can get overwhelming easily.

Quote Originally Posted by towatson View Post
    Thanks! As I said, I am a newbie .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast