Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so have you got all the radio control electronics ?

Although it occurs to me (who is old enough to have plaued with one) that this would be ideal for one of the old style 'planes on a string'.
    You controlled height and speed with just a throttle, which would be easy to rig via a wire.
    Tethered they call them.
    Haven't seen one for sale for about 40 years. But they were fun.
    Kind of made you dizzy - but still fun.

I'm currently talking myself into getting one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Prec....c100005.m1851
    ?80 delivered.
    Looks like a decent frame and I don't currently have an i3.
    I figure a bit of moving around and I can find somewhere for it to live.

Just intrigued at:
    1) how cheap these things are being sold
    2) how good they can be
    3) the whole i3 seystem :-)

Given it's almost exactly half the price of the monoprice mini delta, I can more easily justify getting one lol
    Plus some of the listings I've seen have autolevel firmware and - presumably - hardware. Same price, just a slightly different listing.
    Although, weirdly the autolevel listings only show up on my win7 workshop computer, not this old xp machine. Bizarre.

How much cheaper can these get ?
    It is ctc who seem to be making these. So not expecting brilliant quality control :-)

Just fascinated to see what an ?80 3d printer will do. Plus it's a larger print area x&y, than any of my current machines and I can use that.

Got no dosh and a lot of bills this month. But I can buy this with change from my jars of shrapnel coinage.
    Ain't that a kick :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-28-2018 at 11:18 AM.