Close



Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 86 of 86
  1. #81
    Engineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South Florida, USA
    Posts
    668
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am rebuilding my Black Widow with the 5 filament Prusa multi material upgrade 2S. I am going to also take Printalicious here back to it's early days and mount 3 extruders to the top of the frame. Like it used to be. Like this..But I will use titan extruders as I have enjoyed great success with them and I really like the 3:1 gear reduction they offer. I am going after color printing in 2 forms. One with prusa mmu2s and one with the diamond hotend and the potential for color mixing. I will also upgrade printalicious to the new SKR 1.3 as this moves forward.

  2. #82
    Engineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South Florida, USA
    Posts
    668
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    BUMP! It has been a while and I am done reworking my other 2 printers. I used to have 4 machines, but my monoprice mini v1 started acting up and I jumped on the chance to throw it away. This machine has been the workhorse that created all the parts for both of my other printers here: https://3dprintboard.com/showthread....-250mm-X-300mm . And here: https://3dprintboard.com/showthread....3-32bit-Rework . So now that my other 2 machines are up and running, it is time I brought this machine up to date. I will have a hand me down skr 1.4 turbo mainboard for this along with a tft35 v3.0 and also a magnetic flexible bed a clone from a mk3s printer. nice big 250x250 or so plate. In fact the specific bed I am applying to Printalicious is here: https://www.biqu.equipment/collectio...sa-i3-mk3-mk3s . And along with the 32 bit mainboard this machine will receive tmc2209 drivers that will run in uart. The parts have already been ordered, I have plenty of black PETG filament and 2 printers to make parts with. So let's get back to the fun part of life and start Reworking this Printer!

  3. #83
    Engineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South Florida, USA
    Posts
    668
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh Happy Day. So I am pretty sure i have hurt one of my 2 SKR 1.4 Turbo mainboards. In The Geeetech i3 pro b I now call 'Old Blue' I have mistakenly connected the part cooling fan reverse polarity. And as I was printing and the fan didn't come on I decided to let the print continue. The fan got warm without the blade ever turning and I smelled something electrical burning but the print was coming out good, so I let it go. Now I have connected a new fan and wired it right but the fan port is now constantly providing 24v power. So when the new BTT 002 mainboard arrives for 'Big Red' instead of that SKR 1.4 Turbo mainboard going into Printalicious it will now go to Old Blue so that board can go in the trash. I am actually happy for this development because it means that I need to source a board for Printalicious. The SKR 1.3 and 1.4 boards use a cortex m3 LCP1768 chip that runs at 100mhz and the 1.4 Turbo uses an LCP 1769 chip that runs at 120mhz. In contrast the BTT 002 board I have coming for Big Red has a cortex m4 STM32F407VGT6 cpu that runs at 168mhz. To help facilitate my dream of rebuilding the 3 color mixing printer I have ordered this mainboard for Printalicious: https://www.biqu.equipment/collectio...-control-board

  4. #84
    Engineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South Florida, USA
    Posts
    668
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I hope and pray that everybody is safe and healthy during this pandemic. Being on lockdown sure is a great time to spend time with our hobbies like 3d printing. And reworking 3d printers. I have been busy with reworking this printer and I have drawn up this part to house the wiring for the extruder and mount the proximity switch..



  5. #85
    Engineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South Florida, USA
    Posts
    668
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The part is a perfect fit. It kinda sucks that i am out of black petg so i might reprint it at some point but for now here is that part printed out and installed..




  6. #86
    Engineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    South Florida, USA
    Posts
    668
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So with the smooth rods the way I am getting better precision is by locking the rods down better than the hole through the wood or acrylic that gets loos and lets the rods themselves have freeplay. The way I am fighting this on my reworks is by making pieces that are a tight fit on the smooth rods have a bit of thickness to them and screw down to multiple points on the frame. Here is one of the Z rod braces I made for the top of the frame.. And here is the lower.. And all 4 together.. This will limit or prevent any type of Z banding issues from happening. And for a control solution I am using an SKR Pro 1.1 with an MKS external mosfet to drive the bed and a BIQU mosfet to drive the extruder. The Power supply is 24v 500watts..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •