Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Black_sheep View Post
    Please accept my deepest condolences for such a nice print, it really looked well until it cracked :/

Another although quite wasteful solution would be to put one or two of those IR heating lamps on the printer so they heat the printed part.
    But you will use lots of electricity :P

I don't think that brim of any size will help with that part since the cracks appear all over the object due to inner tension.

- Filip
    Haha, Well it isnt one of the best i had ^^
    http://puu.sh/47KmU
    Is one my coolest prints imo ^^
    Well its a bulb or a box so the heat stays inside i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoWorks View Post
    Agreed a brim won't help here. I think the only way to remedy this is to keep the piece uniformity heated since it really does seem like it's cracking due to internal stress from uneven cooling. The heat lamps sound like a good idea, I use standard 40w bulbs for keeping wax warm while I sculpt, and shouldn't cost you more than $3/yr
    Well i will see, Its that or a box, or i might just use ABS for small parts and when i wanna print bigger stuff i will have to use some nice PLA :P

Thanks for the help guys,
    As side note i realy like how this community is growing with some very nice members, Realy hoping the best atm

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Try lowering the printhead for the first layer to get better adhesion, also not sure if the fan is pointing on the print or ducted towards the head but have you tried without the fan? Some swear without a fan is the way to go for ABS. One last thing is printing on a raft helps many people.
    Didnt see your post, you probably made yours when i was posting mine ^^
    Well i have 2 fans, One is always on and thats blowing air on the PEEK of the hot end, the other on the plastic, The one with a funnel to the plastic is controlable and is only on when i use PLA not with ABS.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 10-20-2013 at 12:21 PM.