Close

please help 3d printer delta

please help. I lose on the next day. the printer is new. just made up according to the instructions. Problem setting bed. one engine is not going up and buzzes. in settings, you can move it. how to fix it?

my printer is Geeetech Rostock mini G2S .

here is my problem:
    https://youtu.be/r26j1kd5WfA
    https://youtu.be/r26j1kd5WfA

Student
    Here are a few things you should ask yourself.

Disable steppers and check all three slides move freely?

Check you haven't put your stepper wires anywhere near your limit switch wires (they interfere and cause problems, they should be kept away from each other)

Check your limit switch functions properly (via a test meter, and your software too) and also check your have the correct locations (X switch, is X, Y switch is Y etc)

If your sure it not a problem wires interfering or limit switch communications,

swap the cables with a different motor that you know works - is the problem with the motor or the controller?

If its the motor, Check all three motors are the same brand and model?

check resistance/continuity between coils on your stepper?

If it's the controller, check the firmware setting - for the motor current etc.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Check to see that all 4 of the stepper wires on the buzzing motor are hooked up. If you only hook up 3 of the 4 wires, the motor will buzz and not turn.

Bob

everything works correctly as it enters the manual control. You can normally move up and down each engine, but it can not be calibrated, during calibration moves like in the video

Moderator note: Late post due to unexpected delay in obtaining moderator approval
    Last edited by printbus; 09-17-2016 at 12:28 PM.