Close

3D Printing Combined with Hydro Dipping - Add Wood/Carbon Fiber

I didn't know this is possible. Has anyone ever combined hydrodipping and 3d printing to make anything cool? This bow tie came out so awesome!

Also, where the heck would you find a hydro dipping kit?

Engineer
    I've never tried it, but Google shopping has a whole list of hydrodipping kits if you are interested:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=hydr...g+kit&tbm=shop

Pricing isn't all that bad.

Hydrographics printing kit

Quote Originally Posted by eveninggown View Post
    I didn't know this is possible. Has anyone ever combined hydrodipping and 3d printing to make anything cool? This bow tie came out so awesome!

Also, where the heck would you find a hydro dipping kit?

There are a couple kit manufacters. I got mine from http://www.vortexdipkit.com It worked great for what I used it on.

Staff Engineer
    I really wish there was a way to print the film yourself. I would love one that looked like old script on parchment, or brushed steel, or green and gold filagree, or whatever I can think to print off... As it is these films come in three flavors: Heavy Metal, Sports Car, and Redneck.

Yeah that would be awesome. I think I ran across something like that. when I got my kit I used it on a bunch of items its alot of fun to mess around with would definitely be better to use my own design though.
    I ended up getting the Red Flames and looks awesome. I have not looked to see if they have any brushed metal or anything like that though.

Student
    Add Wett Grapgics on Facebook
    Better yet you guys doing or thinking of doing production runs should reach out to a professional hydrodipper. We are set up and ready for production runs and the results are much better than the DIY dip kits.