Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Under exrusion

Add Horia on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

Since you already have the problem solved ( = you know you have a broken extruder and need to strip it down), it might have been useful to present that fact earlier.

Bob
    Thank you for the interest, we compromised to resolve the problem, but it's not the best solution. I presume it's mechanical because we tested a lot. We will make that model again, and will post the printing settings tomorrow.

Student
    Hi, If I may continue the thread for a bit, I have a similar problem in that I am getting NO extrusion from certain files. I can print any of the sample files provided with the printer but keep having issues with downloaded files from other sites. I can load filaments with no problems, the platform and nozzles heat up without any issues and the nozzles wipe before commencing the print run but then zilch! I am using Simplify 3D to create the codes, but can't see any issues with the set ups at all, just zero extrusion. The machine is fairly new, only a dozen prints so far but any suggestions would be gratefully received.

David

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds like you're using the wrong s3d template.

What machine do you have and what template are you using ?

And where are you getting the models that don't print ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-05-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Student
    It's a Flashforge Creator Pro dual-head and using the default settings for the machine. Only using the right hand extruder and standard settings for ABS. The models are usually from Thingyverse, a crescent wrench and a whistle etc, just some things that I can use to illustrate the process of 3D printing.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Ah yes, the simplify 3d profiles are not that great.

Try using the generic replicator dual profile. I've found it's a lot more reliable than anything that actually says 'flashforge'.

I've had the same issue with the flashforge profiles, it all looks great but the printhead just stops on the dge of the paltform and nothing happens. Since switching to the generic replicator dual profiles, never had a problem.

And the pro differences are all mechanical, nothing that's effected by the simpler profile.

Student
    Thanks for that - I'll sit down this evening and give it a whirl. I'll post any results on the thread. Regards

Super Moderator
    Also in S3D, for instance when you are set for ABS and right extruder. Got to the advanced and make sure everything there is also saying "right" extruder. I have had it where part was on right to print with but heating and a couple others were on left so it heated the left and tried to print but it thought it was supposed to use the right to print and nothing happened. Not sure how it happened (probably me) but one corrected it was fine.
    I am using the Flashforge Creator Pro profile on my 2016 model and it is ok except I do not like how it does its purge before print.

Trying the Replicator dual profile is a good idea.

Student
    Yep - I checked all that about the right extruder and all seems in order. I have gone back to Replicator for the moment until I can install a new graphics card and use OpenGL instead of the standard HP graphics drivers. Both S3D and Flashprint seem to require those, in fact Flashprint won't even run because it can't find OpenGL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12