Close

Reprap.org website down

Is reprap.org dow for everyone else or just me?

It is loading fine for me. I had a few issues with it earlier. Seems like they need to upgrade their server, because the site is always pretty slow.

I never had any real problems with their forums. Not with speed either.

Either way it's loading just fine now.

Works fine for me today?

Technologist
    The servers and software they use are very slow. There can be long delays between page loads sometimes. Lots of folks have offered to host or help upgrade but none seem to be taken up on it.

Follow RP Iron Man On Twitter Add RP Iron Man on Facebook Add RP Iron Man on Google+ Add RP Iron Man on Thingiverse
    It seems to be down again...

Little web tools like this: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ are nice when you wonder about little things like this on the internet. I thought Quentin Harleys webpage was down for about half a year, before I realized that it was just my IPS having a bad DNS. Using openDNS solved it.

But yeah, reprap.org loads pretty slowly for me to. And its down sometimes. It's a pity, because the knowledge it holds is just so valuable. We should have a more effective way of structuring and spreading that knowledge. PISF is just a proposal. Looking for people to work with me on this...

Yeah it is down again right now. Who is supplying the servers?

Looks like the domain is registered on Adrian Bowyer, and that it runs on a dedicated server... (domaintools.com)

A "smart whois" points me to a company called Ace Hosting LLC in the us, so maybe its being hosted there. (all-nettools.com). I guess the easiest way to find out is to ask mr Bowyer