Close

Best options for Scanning Small Objects?

What would be my best option for scanning small objects? Would the Digitizer or Sense work for something say the size of a traditional army man with details? If not, what are my other options? Are there any others out there?

Earlier reports and reviews of 3D scanners tend to suggest that the end products of scanning/printing exercises are not as detailed as the original object that was scanned.

This leads me to wonder which of two possible causes should be investigated:

1. The scanner and associated software that produces the file used to generate the printing code are not able to capture and reproduce the fine detail of, say, a 1/35 scale military figure.

2. The accuracy of the printer is not sufficient to all the layer thickness and X and Y axis movement to be precise enough to reproduce the fine detail of the original object.

Once the cause of this inability to reproduce fine detail is identified, steps can be taken to minimize the problem, and then the best scanner for a desired task can be acquired.

Old Man Emu