Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Yep, just haven't changed the inventory level. Have about 30 available after the pre orders are shipped.

I appreciate the great pictures. However, when I tried to remove the screw I found that my hot ends (and the whole square heating element) screw in instead of slide up. My right side is about 1mm higher than my left side. I tried loosening the hot tip on the right side to make them even, wasnt a good solution.

Is your hot end assembly threaded also? One other tidbit, I thrashed the teflon tape wrapped around my heating element. Is it horrible to operate the machine without that orangish brown tape?

Super Moderator
    How old is your machine? What kind is it?

It is a PowerSpec 3D Pro which is a private label of the Flashforge Creator Pro. Have had it about 5 months. Everything was fine until one day it wasn't. One head is visibly lower than the other but cant figure out how to correct it. I plan on taking it apart this weekend and will post a picture or video of what I am seeing.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nmcafee View Post
    It is a PowerSpec 3D Pro which is a private label of the Flashforge Creator Pro. Have had it about 5 months. Everything was fine until one day it wasn't. One head is visibly lower than the other but cant figure out how to correct it. I plan on taking it apart this weekend and will post a picture or video of what I am seeing.
    What is surprising is you saying your thermal barrier tubes are threaded. They are threaded into the heater block like the nozzle is, but the outside of the tube on these printers are generally smooth. There is an older version of it that was threaded into the cooling bar, but the Powerspecs are new enough and shouldn't have that.

Will the new block you are selling fix my issue? Am not sure by looking at the picture if what I have will plug into it without problems.

Student
    I don't understand how moving the nozzle up will work. It won't be even at that point or if you move both up it can still be the same issue?

Super Moderator
    Take a picture of what you have if you can and post it up.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Take a picture of what you have if you can and post it up.
    Will do. This is my second powerspec 3d printer, this one has 20 minutes of print time and it seems the power supply is flaky. Turned off in the middle of a print, and didn't want to turn on today.
    Last one lasted 2 days before a fan died

Super Moderator
    Ya, the word is the Powerspec printer was specced with a lower Amp rated power supply unfortunately. The good news is the printer costs about $550 less than a new Creator Pro and you can upgrade the power supply to better specs than either the Powerspec or Creator pro for about $50-60.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast