Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Geoff - I'm going to put on a piece of glass to get a flat bed - the aluminium one moves around too much (cold to hot) for me for larger stuff.

Minor update on that blocked extruder I had - I wanted to use the Flashforge to print a model rocket nosecone for a friend so decided to have a better go at unblocking it.
    Heated the nozzle up to 220° and tried to reverse the filament out - no good.
    Same for 230°, so I ran the nozzle up to 250° .... still no good. So I tried extruding and that seemed to work okay.

So I took a punt and set it up to print the nosecone and it all worked just fine. FWIW I upped the extruder temp to 230° and didn't have any blocking problems.

Technician
    Well.

Guess who decided to try and adjust nozzle alignment,

Lets just say I now know to totally disassemble the extruders but there was a difference between the two nozzle heights according to the calliper's.

It ended up taking me like 2.5 Hrs to pull it all apart ( still had filament in it..oops ) and get it back together again.

Its currently doing a print so be interesting to see how much I have upset things, will know in about 2Hrs

Technician
    Excel,

Print completed with no drama`s and it appears I have eliminated the occasional scraping on the print from the un-used extruder.

For a change tonight I am actually going to turn off my printer and go to bed before 01:00 am compared to the last three nights being between 4 and 6 am.

Catchya All

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by lycan View Post
    Excel,

Print completed with no drama`s and it appears I have eliminated the occasional scraping on the print from the un-used extruder.

For a change tonight I am actually going to turn off my printer and go to bed before 01:00 am compared to the last three nights being between 4 and 6 am.

Catchya All
    I have never run my printer overnight, ever - I am just paranoid that's all so I have never had issues I did't know where they started - unless music was too loud and I didn't hear the click click click..

Worst thats happened is a spool got stuck and ended up pulling the thing so tight it snapped the spool holder.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Technician
    I too am not game enough to leave my printing running unattended, hence last couple of nights been going to bed as the sun rises.

Soooooo tired now after 3hrs sleep each day over 4 days.

Student
    Yeah, never leaving your Flashforge unattended is a wise thing. The power supply section on the mobo has issues, there was at least one report of them catching fire, mine fried the power supply socket that goes into the mobo. More on that in separate thread.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - once I see the first layer is down - I just leave her to her own devices.

Sometimes you come back to a mess - sometimes not.

But life's too short to babysit every single print. I have other things that need doing as well.

That said I'm still in the early stage of swearing at makerbot for their truly crappy software and trying to get things without rafts to stick to something: anything !

So long prints aren't a big issue - yet.
    But I've got no problems leaving it printing by itself.

2am seems to be my average stop time at the moment, when I'm playing with the printer :-)

oddly the one thing I've never had a problem with is head drag. Not on the original bed or on any of the glass beds.
    Nozzle I cleared by just unscrewing, soaking in acetone for a few hours and then poking with a nozzle clean kit my mate 'borrowed' from work ;-)
    That said the extruder iss till giving me feed issues I think some of the ninjaflex got stuck in the gears as it was fine before I tried that. So it looks like a complete teardown of the right head is in order anyway.

So glad I've got two heads. can't understand people who remove one. Backup redundancy is always a good thing :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-29-2014 at 05:59 AM.

I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky, Or too stupid to know the difference.I just got my printer to weeks ago, and I've been running it overnight virtually every single night and have not had a single problem.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    as has been mentioned the creator pro is a much improved machine than the straight creator.
    So you shouldn't have the same issues we have :-)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast