Close

Selling Stuff you Print?

Does anyone here ever sell anything that they print? I've been trying to come up with a business idea where I could print certain things out and sell them. I imagine customization would be the trick. However, are items that we print out good enough quality to garner someone paying money for them? If so, what are the designs that sell the best? I'd like to start a very small business with my 3D printers, and gradually expand, hopefully to larger more expensive printers.

Student
    It's a difficult one this.. can you actually sell what you print? On etsy there is a company called pixil3D who seem to be getting sales. I do believe that at the moment the best place to sell in digitally online in marketplaces such as our one.

i just used a 3D printer for a gallery piece. ill basically take modeling time and printing cost into consideration for my selling price. who knows if anyone will buy it though

Technologist
    There are many places like Etsy, Shapeways, etc where makers can upload and sell what they've 3D printed.