Close

5th Generation Makerbot Replicator - Noise & Smell issue

Hi All, currently im planning to buy a 3d printer...base on my budget and after some research, I think 5th generation would be my first choice. However there have somethings that im not sure:

- does it noisy when printing? or its acceptable ? because I saw the movie of ulimaker 2 and its super quiet...Does 5th print as quiet as this
    - since its is not a enclose printer, im wondering any choking smell when printing?

I knew that Makerbot Replicator 2X is Six-Side Enclosure and I assume it should be more quiet and less smell when working. However the printing size is smaller than 5th generation.....are there any accessories that I can buy to make 5th generation become enclosure?

Can anyone help me make this decision??

Thanks!
    Last edited by zinchan; 03-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.

the 2x is fully enclosed because it uses ABS which is toxic. the 5th gen uses PLA so it shouldnt make harmful smells

Technician
    Read this before deciding: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ot/h0aed9hqj38 I would go Ultimaker 2 or Zortrax M200.

Ye, same as Trhuster, cheaper and same/better quality so far i know.

Engineer
    yes just from what i have read there are bugs to be worked out of the 5g's.

Student
    Couldnt agree more. MB is way to overpriced if you ask me, and you can get a better printer for less money elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Trhuster View Post
    Read this before deciding: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ot/h0aed9hqj38 I would go Ultimaker 2 or Zortrax M200.

Banned
    I have same problem with you...