Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I have some of the red, glow in the dark ABS from Excelvan and it turned out great. Nice finish very bright glow and no issues. Surprised me at how nice cheap filament turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    Does anyone have experience with any of these filaments?

Excelvan
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...d_bhz_bw_c_x_1
    Seems to fall in the category dirt-cheap and poor quality.

Hatchbox
    https://www.amazon.com/HATCHBOX-3D-P...ct_top?ie=UTF8
    Seems promising given the good reviews.

JET
    https://www.amazon.com/JET-3mm-PLA-F...dp/B00N5STJXS/
    Seems promising for its price.

3D Prima
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/3D-Prima/b/...e-bin=3D+Prima
    Seems OK
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I can obtain several rolls for a bargain price from this supplier: http://www.3dfilamenten.nl
    The reviews seem good, the PLA having good flow qualities.
    Can anyone confirm that this is a good filament?

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Just about any basic PLA filament you get these days (other than the eBay stuff or no name stuff on Amazon) is fairly good. There are good filaments on both Amazon and eBay, you just have to be a bit careful therel.

Bob

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    ...I have no idea how China Post gets around that sort of thing. Part of it is the direct government payment of shipping, but that is not the whole story...
    I saw an interesting video about this a few months ago. I had no idea that there's an extension of the United Nations that influences the costs of shipping between countries, with "developing" countries being favored over established countries. Up until now, China has been designated by this Universal Postal Union as a "developing" country. The UPU meets every four years, and just wrapped up a session. It sounds like there could be some changes becoming effective in 2018 - http://news.upu.int/no_cache/nd/memb...l-dues-system/

We've trialled a few different brands and love FormFutura, works perfectly on the Ultimaker printers. Best place to purchase is store.redstack.com.au

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    My favorite so far is Colorfabb, Formfutura takes silver and 3DOM bronze because their filaments are great but a bit runny.
    My shipment of 3dfilamenten.nl will come in soon and after printing samples of each color I will post a review.

My companies ABS was tested up against Formfutura (and 4 others) by 3D Matter and we beat them in each category: Ease of Printing, Visual Quality, Geometric Accuracy, Impact Resistance. Wish they had tested FF PLA as well.

Hey 3D Printlife, your filaments may be superior but most people go for affordability so it will be better to besides having a premium filament also have a 'housebrand' filament. There is definitely still room to differentiate regarding visual and mechanical properties.

I am testing all the filaments from 3dfilamenten.nl and so far so good, it prints very nicely with good flow and visual quality - only it's more brittle and clogs up the nozzle a bit when staying heated for too long - but that's normal. This is great quality filament!

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Ok, well let's toss up some numbers, just to get it down to math:

I get filament from MakerGeeks. It's $15 a KG delivered in 4 spool batches. It can be PLA, PETG, or ABS for that price. It all prints great on all of my printers. No clogs. No breaks. No weird behavior at all. No reason to pay any more. The stuff works fine. It's their "first run" product, not the recycled material.

Is anybody selling great filament for less (delivered price) ?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    Hey 3D Printlife, your filaments may be superior but most people go for affordability so it will be better to besides having a premium filament also have a 'housebrand' filament. There is definitely still room to differentiate regarding visual and mechanical properties.

I am testing all the filaments from 3dfilamenten.nl and so far so good, it prints very nicely with good flow and visual quality - only it's more brittle and clogs up the nozzle a bit when staying heated for too long - but that's normal. This is great quality filament!
    I agree. My company isn't really a B2C type of business. We're more B2B. Our customers are Universities who are looking for quality instead of the cheapest option out there. I think our price is very good for what we offer, but for someone looking for a $15 filament, you're not going to find it with us.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast