Close

A new webshop in the 3D Printing town - www.fabcad.ro

Hi guys,

Our company, Central European Energy Services (CEES), decided to diversify its business activities with 3D Printing. How exactly did we get there?

Well, we formed a team of young idiots believing there is a market space even in SE Europe for 3D Printing and went with the printers in public to see how interested the people are. And they were!

We decided to launch the first 3D Printshop in Romania and along with it a brand new online anchor, www.fabcad.ro (soon .eu)

How do you like it? Feedback is more than welcome! You can also find us here

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for asking for feedback. I'm glad I was referred to this message board and your post. Here is your first feedback.

You've posted one of my designs with absolutely no visible (to my immediate knowledge) attribution. You're also selling it, again without permission.

So, good on you for starting a new venture. However, you're ethics are devoid of, ethics.

It's probably impossible to do anything besides ask that you not steal other people's work for your own gain. But if you feel like representing the 3D Printing community, I hope you'll do the right thing and only sell objects that you A: design yourself B: at LEAST attribute the real original designer and C: notify visitors, buyers and original creators that you're indeed selling, redistributing or remixing someone else's work.

Quote Originally Posted by lootkit View Post
    Thanks for asking for feedback. I'm glad I was referred to this message board and your post. Here is your first feedback.

You've posted one of my designs with absolutely no visible (to my immediate knowledge) attribution. You're also selling it, again without permission.

So, good on you for starting a new venture. However, you're ethics are devoid of, ethics.

It's probably impossible to do anything besides ask that you not steal other people's work for your own gain. But if you feel like representing the 3D Printing community, I hope you'll do the right thing and only sell objects that you A: design yourself B: at LEAST attribute the real original designer and C: notify visitors, buyers and original creators that you're indeed selling, redistributing or remixing someone else's work.
    Thanks for giving feedback. Our scope is not taking advantage of other people's work, or monetizing on other people's work. Usually the stl source is up for download as well, I don't know if it is the case of your design. If not, please PM the link to the design and I'll make sure everyone will be able to download the design and print it at home. The scope was to give people access to 3D Printing, a website where they could understand the diverse range of products they can make with 3DP and to give them a local online printshop.

Three months later after we launched the website I can also provide an update on our concept. No one ordered 3D Printed products from the website. So not only your design, but none of those open source designs we gathered on our website sold anything. And that was great, because the scope was only to give people a feeling about 3D Printing and how much it would cost. How are we surviving then? Well, we didn't sell 3D printed products, but we sold printers, filament and we had special products on rapid prototyping and small-series production. Also, we see an increase of people downloading the models displayed for sale, so your model was probably downloaded and manufactured by someone at home, without paying for it. We are happy to see that and we look forward to an increase of download. That means an increase of 3DP usage in our teritory and we all want that.

Hope this clarifies thing a little bit. Please feel free to comment further.

Tibi

It's nice to hear your business is thriving. However, it's self evident that you are (or were trying, rather) to sell designs without the knowledge or permission of the actual designers.

If that's how you back your company's ethics, that's your choice.

Food for thought.

Attached image is of your website not only posting the design without permission, without linking to the original or without attribution. Also, the designer is attributing someone who did not create this and there is quite clearly, a price.

Although you haven't made any money from other people's designs it's apparent that's not for lack of trying.

Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 8.25.11 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by atiberiu View Post
    Thanks for giving feedback. Our scope is not taking advantage of other people's work, or monetizing on other people's work. Usually the stl source is up for download as well, I don't know if it is the case of your design. If not, please PM the link to the design and I'll make sure everyone will be able to download the design and print it at home. The scope was to give people access to 3D Printing, a website where they could understand the diverse range of products they can make with 3DP and to give them a local online printshop.

Three months later after we launched the website I can also provide an update on our concept. No one ordered 3D Printed products from the website. So not only your design, but none of those open source designs we gathered on our website sold anything. And that was great, because the scope was only to give people a feeling about 3D Printing and how much it would cost. How are we surviving then? Well, we didn't sell 3D printed products, but we sold printers, filament and we had special products on rapid prototyping and small-series production. Also, we see an increase of people downloading the models displayed for sale, so your model was probably downloaded and manufactured by someone at home, without paying for it. We are happy to see that and we look forward to an increase of download. That means an increase of 3DP usage in our teritory and we all want that.

Hope this clarifies thing a little bit. Please feel free to comment further.

Tibi