Close

Technician

Did they remove Z_RAISE before homing?

I am using RC Bugfix from 31 May 2016, and one feature I don't see anymore is the "z raise before homing" setting. There is still a z raise before probing for ABL, but oftentimes if I am checking my nozzle/bed clearance, and then home the machine my z probe will crash into the bed if I forget to raise Z before running an autohome command. Can I just add these two lines back into the newer code (RC6 I believe)?

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 12 // (in mm) Raise Z axis before homing (G28) for Z probe clearance.
    // Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case.

The Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING is gone... But you shouldn't need it. The probing is smarter. Just make sure you have a good number in the

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING

Student
    They changed the Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING to something a little different, at least in 1.1.0-RC6. It is now here:

Code:
    // @section homing
    #define MIN_Z_HEIGHT_FOR_HOMING 6   // (in mm) Minimal z height before homing (G28) for Z clearance above the bed, clamps, ...
                                        // Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case.
    This will essentially accomplish the same thing as the old define.