Close

Scavenging for parts

Well, im trying to use my old printers (regular one not 3d) and laptop to recycle some of the parts. Before i get to it though, i'd like to hear from someone who actually did something similar before - what exactly i could use from them? (like dvd drive motor etc.) and what can be thrown out right away especially when it comes to old printer, im just getting into the subject and the best way to learn about something for me is touching the subject literally

Quote Originally Posted by trustmeimanengineer View Post
    Well, im trying to use my old printers (regular one not 3d) and laptop to recycle some of the parts. Before i get to it though, i'd like to hear from someone who actually did something similar before - what exactly i could use from them? (like dvd drive motor etc.) and what can be thrown out right away especially when it comes to old printer, im just getting into the subject and the best way to learn about something for me is touching the subject literally
    You can use pretty much nothing. Maybe a driver motor and belt, but thats about it.

Senior Engineer
    You can probably use the limit switches but it is hardly worth the effort for the cost of them.