Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Installing the glass bed

I bought a glass bed from Flashforge to go with my Creator Pro. It didn't come with any instructions on how to install it, nor any double stick tape that I might use to stick it to the metal base. Are there some good instructions out there on what I need to do to install this thing?

I ordered some 400mm x 205mm x 0.5mm Silicone Thermal Pad for CPU GPU Heatsink off of amazon and it works great. I just cut it into strips and it holds the glass in place.

Here is the link.
    http://www.amazon.com/400mm-205mm-Si...ilpage_o01_s00

Engineer-in-Training
    Another vote for using .5mm thermal padding. Holds the glass secure while keeping it removable, transfers heat well, and there's no clips to come lose or get hit by your extruder.

Will you guys share a photo of how much of the thermal padding you use so the heat will still transfer to the glass? Thanks!

I will try to post a picture wen I get home from work. I will say I have tried it a few ways. I have tried it 2 ways. The first time I cut the sheet to to fit the whole bed and the heat transfered with no problem. Then when the glass chipped on me and I replaced it, The second sheet of glass I cut the padding into 4 1in x 6in strips and left a space in between each strip and there was no difference in the two ways I did it. Both ways transfered the heat fine.

Well I was going to post an image but for some reason the forum will not let me post it. I have sized it down to 200x87 and it is only 24KB. I tried both ways as a file and with a url.
    Last edited by rforeman; 06-10-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    I use five 1.75" square pads, one on each corner and one in the middle. Works great, although I haven't experimented to see if I can get away with less.

Engineer-in-Training
    Found this pic online, something like this works well. Although I think you could get away with pads twice as big and only use 5 of them total.

What do you guys use to help ABS stick to glass?

My issue is that ABS sticks too well to the plastic surface that comes with my QIDI and my metal bed has high points in the middle and low points in front right and rear left corners. I am looking for a solution where I can easily remove a "flat" bed without having to re-level constantly. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AmbientG View Post
    What do you guys use to help ABS stick to glass?

My issue is that ABS sticks too well to the plastic surface that comes with my QIDI and my metal bed has high points in the middle and low points in front right and rear left corners. I am looking for a solution where I can easily remove a "flat" bed without having to re-level constantly. Thanks!
    I use Aqua Net extra super hold hair spray. I spray in on to a paper towel or a lent free cloth and wipe it on the glass.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Binder clips on bare aluminum plate. :-) Easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast