Hi all,

I'm here personally but want to be clear I have a business interest too - certainly not looking to sell anything at this stage, just doing some homework. I work for the biggest / one of the biggest European distributors of plastics - www.distrupol.com

99% of our business is granular plastics, but I'm doing a feasibility project to present a business case to start producing our own filament here in the UK. In terms of the practicalities of producing filament, we have an extrusion partner who are arguably the best in the country - plus coupled with our own polymer engineers and knowledge, I feel we have a leading edge. However my main questions at this stage are:

• What is the general perceived difference between 'budget' and 'premium' ABS filament?
  • (An expansive question I appreciate...) What currently doesn't exist in the filament market, but you wish it did? Whether material, colour, additives, performance, sales terms...?
  • Most common complaint you have about filament?
  • For the UK (or even USA members I guess), would you be prepared to pay a premium for something which was "Made In UK"?

If anyone needs any polymer advice, please do ask

TIA,
Rob