Close

Banned

3D Printing Meme Contest on CGTrader

Hey, fellow 3d model and 3d printing designers. I thought I'd share with you all a new contest which has been announced on CGTrader. Basically they are looking for the best 3D printer memes. Here are the official rules from the contest page:

• Meme's 3D Printing Challenge will run from the 6th of March, 2014, to the 14th of April, 2014.
    • Only 3D printable models will be eligible to participate in a challenge.
    • Make sure to check the box "Meme's 3D Printing Challenge" when uploading the right model.
    • The files must be submitted as .STL or .WRL files and be 3D printable.
    • Upon joining this challenge, you agree that your rendering scene or 3D printed design might be used by sponsors for marketing purposes.
    • You can have as much entry models as you want.
    • The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
    • Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D models to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
    • All the entries must be original and not derivable.
    • Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
    • Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
    • You can find the challenge announcement on our Blog and feel free to drop a thread on our Discussions board.
    • We are independent sheriffs of this challenge, so stick to the rules and don't do anything stupid.
    • Got some questions? Have suggestions? Check for FAQ or drop us a line at info@cgtrader.com. If you love the design of this challenge (we bet you do) express it on Feedback&Comments!

They are actually giving away some pretty awesome prizes to the winners, and runners up There are 2 different categories. One is for the best meme model, while the other is for the best meme model portfolio. There will be a total of 6 winners, and the total prize value is probably about $6,000 (Just a guess on my part). The full contest details can be found here: http://www.cgtrader.com/challenges/m...ting-challenge

Pretty cool idea. I'm useless when it comes to being creative with words though

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Looks like the best ones have been selected for this contest. There were some really great submissions.

Check out more at http://www.cgtrader.com/blog/meme-3d...oge-has-spoken

Technician
    I'm absolutely in love with the Obama one. Any idea where I could find the STL for that?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    Any idea where I could find the STL for that?
    Right here. They want $10 for it.

http://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mod...obama-approves