Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diy it?

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post
    OK, I'm getting close to having everything in position so I can start simplifying it. Here's what I don't get:
    How does laser mount A & B attach/work?
    How does static dampener A & B attach/work?
    What is the "standoff" for?
    How does the PCB mount?

most of what I've done so-far, is from looking at the completed images but these four parts differ enough from what I've found that I'm having trouble identifying where they go and how they attach. Any insight anyone can provide would help me out a lot.

EDIT: I just realized im working with the scads for the oil-dampened version, rather then the magnetic dampened version. That will have to be fixed.
    mirror frame A is called "A" because its holds the first mirror that the laser hits, B holds the second mirror that the laser hits.
    The 2 galvos in the peach printer are identical, they simply go in differnt places.

As you have realized your other questions pertain to very old verson of the printer.

I think you would be most interested to look at the blender animation ( work incomplete)
    there you can see the V1 printer fly together.
    https://github.com/Rylangrayston/pea...safety/blender

This animation was created with the some previous iteration of the files linked to above:

A big part of why we didn’t release these repo's earlier is because of the lack of documentation... they make sense to the employees that built them and that’s about it.

Peachy Printer Founder
    There is lots of info in this forum where we were/are :S supporting those who actually have a V1 kit
    http://peachyprinter.ipbhost.com/

Your Right oninoshiko It will take much time and effort for the community to get a grasp of all the work reviled.
    I can only help so much as much of the work is only fully understood by the engineers that did it....

Here is a incomplete list of things I have a deeper understanding of:

-There drip bubler system with all the hoses ( me and Erik came up with that)
    -Printer assembly ( the animation work in the above video is all me)
    -Over all printer functionality, names of all the parts and how they should behave. Fundamental concepts like how dose magnetic dampening , spring force, drip counting work.
    -openScad files - I could be of use here, Erik wrote most of the code for this but we invented each part together. There are a few parts that are my code like the dripper, and the the newest laser aperture.
    -Laser safety, laser diode operation, laser testing,
    -Resin behaviours, surface tension , viscosity, adhesion, surface flow, oxygen inhibition etc. Gavin worked on this as well
    -Printer testing and debugging, I wrote some code called G code writers for testing the printer. Gavin worked on this as well
    -slicer settings and bugs.
    -printer maintenance
    -safety interlock features
    -coils ( me and Erik designed this)
    - parts and part specs ( Nathan did alot of work here with supply chain communication)
    -magnetic dampening ( me and Erik designed this, with a great Ideas from Tony and Scott and a very wise guy from the US military. )
    -mas production processes, I designed many of these my self and built task specific machines for production, many of which are not documented at all. There designs live in my head.
    with a few important numbers jotted down in a project note pad.
    -stepper motor moving platform (instead of dripper) - designed and coded some of these my self. Erik and Will have added to this now also. I have a very good understanding of features that handle resin flow.
    - peristaltic pump design - Erik Did lots here To.
    - software user interface - I understand every setting and its purpose, including how to add additional functionality via arduino
    - hardware "dead ends"- I did many many hardware spikes, printers that have only one mirror, printers that have coils right on the moving galvo, air dampening, oil dampening, etc. I have tried many many very different ways to make this printer.

And an incomplete list of Things I dont know the iner workings of (don’t let the size of the list deceive you these are BIG things) :

- haven’t read a line of firmware code, I know how the firmware should behave but don’t know how to change it, This work was done by Tony and Will.
    - software- I have very little knowledge of the code, I know how it should behave but don’t know how to change it. This work was done by James
    - Circuit board design - again very limited knowledge here, I know how it should behave and I can rattle off a few external behaviours like Max 100 mA per coil, and 48 MHz chip but Tony single handedly designed our V1 circuit.
    - USB driver - all I know is we send positional data to the printer about 1000 times per second using the proto buff protocol, Tony and James did this work so well I was only involved in the first meeting
    - old audio version of the printer Scott and James cooper did most of this work.

My day Job at peachy Is team development lead, A normal day for me at peachy is to communicate with about 6 employees, engineers, programmers, drafter, physicist etc, making sure they have what they need to work
    and that they are working towards the right goals despite the problems that each of them run into every day. After 8 hours of that, then I would also do a night shift working on some other part of the printer, that didn’t have an engineer delegated to it yet.

Hope that helps people get a general understanding of my knowledge,
    One thing is for sure this project has been a team effort ever since I joined a my local hacker space.
    No one person knows everything about it, but Im definitely the guy who knows who to ask
    Last edited by rylangrayston; 05-18-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    There is lots of info in this forum where we were/are :S supporting those who actually have a V1 kit
    http://peachyprinter.ipbhost.com/

Your Right oninoshiko It will take much time and effort for the community to get a grasp of all the work reviled.
    I can only help so much as much of the work is only fully understood by the engineers that did it....

Here is a incomplete list of things I have a deeper understanding of:

-There drip bubler system with all the hoses ( me and Erik came up with that)
    -Printer assembly ( the animation work in the above video is all me)
    -Over all printer functionality, names of all the parts and how they should behave. Fundamental concepts like how dose magnetic dampening , spring force, drip counting work.
    -openScad files - I could be of use here, Erik wrote most of the code for this but we invented each part together. There are a few parts that are my code like the dripper, and the the newest laser aperture.
    -Laser safety, laser diode operation, laser testing,
    -Resin behaviours, surface tension , viscosity, adhesion, surface flow, oxygen inhibition etc. Gavin worked on this as well
    -Printer testing and debugging, I wrote some code called G code writers for testing the printer. Gavin worked on this as well
    -slicer settings and bugs.
    -printer maintenance
    -safety interlock features
    -coils ( me and Erik designed this)
    - parts and part specs ( Nathan did alot of work here with supply chain communication)
    -magnetic dampening ( me and Erik designed this, with a great Ideas from Tony and Scott and a very wise guy from the US military. )
    -mas production processes, I designed many of these my self and built task specific machines for production, many of which are not documented at all. There designs live in my head.
    with a few important numbers jotted down in a project note pad.
    -stepper motor moving platform (instead of dripper) - designed and coded some of these my self. Erik and Will have added to this now also. I have a very good understanding of features that handle resin flow.
    - peristaltic pump design - Erik Did lots here To.
    - software user interface - I understand every setting and its purpose, including how to add additional functionality via arduino
    - hardware "dead ends"- I did many many hardware spikes, printers that have only one mirror, printers that have coils right on the moving galvo, air dampening, oil dampening, etc. I have tried many many very different ways to make this printer.

And an incomplete list of Things I dont know the iner workings of (don’t let the size of the list deceive you these are BIG things) :

- haven’t read a line of firmware code, I know how the firmware should behave but don’t know how to change it, This work was done by Tony and Will.
    - software- I have very little knowledge of the code, I know how it should behave but don’t know how to change it. This work was done by James
    - Circuit board design - again very limited knowledge here, I know how it should behave and I can rattle off a few external behaviours like Max 100 mA per coil, and 48 MHz chip but Tony single handedly designed our V1 circuit.
    - USB driver - all I know is we send positional data to the printer about 1000 times per second using the proto buff protocol, Tony and James did this work so well I was only involved in the first meeting
    - old audio version of the printer Scott and James cooper did most of this work.

My day Job at peachy Is team development lead, A normal day for me at peachy is to communicate with about 6 employees, engineers, programmers, drafter, physicist etc, making sure they have what they need to work
    and that they are working towards the right goals despite the problems that each of them run into every day. After 8 hours of that, then I would also do a night shift working on some other part of the printer, that didn’t have an engineer delegated to it yet.

Hope that helps people get a general understanding of my knowledge,
    One thing is for sure this project has been a team effort ever since I joined a my local hacker space.
    No one person knows everything about it, but Im definitely the guy who knows who to ask
    This is great to hear, Rylan, would you be able to provide the community to those who might still be interested with coils/other difficult to manufacture parts?

Peachy Printer Founder
    Yes in fact for some of the parts we have more then enough for all the backers, simply because minimum order quantities forced us to purchase more.
    For example the elastic thread we have enough for 80 thousand printers, which cost only about 60 dollars. I have coils that are of an old design that work just fine but are harder to use ( they don’t snap in to place perfectly)
    I would prefer to ship a bunch of parts to one or two community members, and then let those members distribute them as people ask.
    Also some parts are so inexpensive that its no problem to send a few out for community use.
    Would anyone be willing to receive and distribute these parts amongst the community here?

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Yes in fact for some of the parts we have more then enough for all the backers, simply because minimum order quantities forced us to purchase more.
    For example the elastic thread we have enough for 80 thousand printers, which cost only about 60 dollars. I have coils that are of an old design that work just fine but are harder to use ( they don’t snap in to place perfectly)
    I would prefer to ship a bunch of parts to one or two community members, and then let those members distribute them as people ask.
    Also some parts are so inexpensive that its no problem to send a few out for community use.
    Would anyone be willing to receive and distribute these parts amongst the community here?
    I volunteer as tribute for ditsrict UK.
    Jon.

I could do that for Germany

EDIT:
    Skillset: Java, Openscad, html/css/etc. and a little bit of arduino, dart and i am able to learn new stuff

Is there someone who has an overview or is able to get this overview and could create a task/bug/todo-list or something like that?
    Last edited by Synchron; 05-19-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchron View Post
    ........Is there someone who has an overview or is able to get this overview and could create a task/bug/todo-list or something like that?
    I can't say I'll have total overview, but I'll try my best to work a frame-work out and place it on the wiki. Some bones to which we can add some meat...

A trick I've taken from working in IT and progressing projects is to make notes, notes on everything and anything. Spellings ignored etc etc, free flowing words of your current thoughts..
    Then later tidy and share. That's what I'll do when writing a framework.
    Jon.

@rylangrayston Thanks, between that animation, and the .blends used to make it, that helps me out a lot. Unfortunately for me, I've hit a snag: someone managed to break the Lolzbot at my local makerspace. If noone's fixed it by Wednesday, I'll be taking the printhead apart.

I wish I could help with the distribution stuff for the US, but I have too much stuff going on right now.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 05-19-2016 at 04:28 PM.

I volunteer for Australia.

@rylangrayston Hey, I'm looking at the 1.0 repo now, things make a lot more sense. I am noting a number of things in there only have the .smc files, T.scm is that one I'm looking at hardest (which I think is the base T shaped frame?). Is there an scad of this, or atleast a drawing defining all the dimensions?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast