Close

where to adjust x-axis?

sorry for the stupid question.
    but on my FFCP if i design something that takes up the whole bed, when it prints, i can tell it's shifted a little to the left.
    the reason is
    if i leave 1-2 mm of boarder, it prints right on top of the left edge of the glass, but not on the right.
    so i think the x-axis is shifted to the left.
    do i adjust this in the FFCP firmware settings? or in simplify 3d settings? (or both?)
    thanks

Technician
    Though that thread is for having the left extruder print 34mm to the left. It sounded like you were just off 1-2mm? If so, there's a X-offset setting in the eeprom which you can adjust (it's what defines the position of "home" when your start gcode executes an M132). But some start gcode (MakerBot Desktop for example) recalls the offset and then makes it useless by stomping on it with a G92 that defines the position to a fixed location, so to adjust it you need to change the start gcode not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by warkmal View Post
    Though that thread is for having the left extruder print 34mm to the left. It sounded like you were just off 1-2mm? If so, there's a X-offset setting in the eeprom which you can adjust (it's what defines the position of "home" when your start gcode executes an M132). But some start gcode (MakerBot Desktop for example) recalls the offset and then makes it useless by stomping on it with a G92 that defines the position to a fixed location, so to adjust it you need to change the start gcode not to do that.
    Thanks you are probably right.. I don't have that much left adjust.. just a few mm.