Hello everyone,

I have been having an ABS printing issue for a few days now that I would like to get solved soon. I am trying to print ABS on my Axiom from airwolf3D but the ABS is having a hard time sticking to the build plate on the first layer

I have the printing temp set to 255 deg C and the build plate set to 130 deg C. I also have applied wolfbite (which is designed to have the ABS stick to the build plate). The initial layer thickness is 0.4 mm. I am unable to comment on how close the hot end is to the build plate. Is there a setting somewhere in Cura that will let me set this and adjust? The first layer is building the raft.

My speed is 50 mm/sec.

I am basically using one of their standard profiles for printing the pieces. From looking online, I think that I am doing what everyone is saying. I did notice though that when I let the build plate stay at a preheated temp (120 deg C) for 15 min, results improved. Probably because the glass plate is still heating up and distributing the heat and the ambient air temp is increasing.

But, I wanted to ask the community if there is anything else that I can do to improve the success rate of the getting the first layer down. Could humidity or some other environmental factors factor into the first layer sticking?