Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the 'dremel' is actually a rebadged flashforge Dreamer. Probably cheaper from flashforge :-)

Get a wanhao i3 creator.
    That gives you enough money to get a slab of printbite and some rolls of pla and still have change for $600

I would recommend a replicator clone. But if I'd been buying my first printer today and not 2 years ago - I'd have snatched someone sarm off for the MK2 creator i3

I've not had any hassle with my wood framed flashforge creator x.
    It has to be said, but it was a fairly steep learning curve.
    And it has had a few upgrades and the printbed did not come flat
    Which didn't help.

I've just changed my spool holders as well so I can now take a roll with a centre hole as narrow as 15mm - because I was sent a roll with a 15mm hole. LOL
    Necessity is the mother of invention.

Soon as I get another couple of 150mm carriage screws/bolts I'll change the klic-n-print spool holders over as well.

So my creator x has had: on off switch moved to front, print area cooling fan with on/off switch, flat 3mm aluminium build plate, now covered with printbite, and 12mm spool holders.
    It's put in about 760 hours and any problems I've had have been entirely my fault.

I had to put some work into it, but I love it to bits and wouldn't be without one now.

But like i said, if I were buying a first printer now I'd definitely get the Wanhao I3
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-18-2016 at 11:51 AM.

So you are saying buy the wanhao i3 creator and forget the dremel for $650 shipped. Am I correct? This is so damn confusing. I hate making decisions. Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    the 'dremel' is actually a rebadged flashforge Dreamer. Probably cheaper from flashforge :-)

Get a wanhao i3 creator.
    That gives you enough money to get a slab of printbite and some rolls of pla and still have change for $600

I would recommend a replicator clone. But if I'd been buying my first printer today and not 2 years ago - I'd have snatched someone sarm off for the MK2 creator i3

I've not had any hassle with my wood framed flashforge creator x.
    It has to be said, but it was a fairly steep learning curve.
    And it has had a few upgrades and the printbed did not come flat
    Which didn't help.

I've just changed my spool holders as well so I can now take a roll with a centre hole as narrow as 15mm - because I was sent a roll with a 15mm hole. LOL
    Necessity is the mother of invention.

Soon as I get another couple of 150mm carriage screws/bolts I'll change the klic-n-print spool holders over as well.

So my creator x has had: on off switch moved to front, print area cooling fan with on/off switch, flat 3mm aluminium build plate, now covered with printbite, and 12mm spool holders.
    It's put in about 760 hours and any problems I've had have been entirely my fault.

I had to put some work into it, but I love it to bits and wouldn't be without one now.

But like i said, if I were buying a first printer now I'd definitely get the Wanhao I3

Any clue how the printrbot Simple 6x6x6 is compared to the ones above?
    Last edited by atocha950; 04-20-2016 at 11:43 AM.

it's a good machine - but small print volume.

The Dremel Idea 3D20-01 just came down to $600 shipped new on ebay. Is it a good one or are there better for the price? I want to order one but just confused. So many different one that were told to me.

read the bloody thread again. We've already answered that question.

And yes $600 is a very good price.

This is the SAME printer: http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/3...d-printer.html

Sorry and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    read the bloody thread again. We've already answered that question.

And yes $600 is a very good price.

This is the SAME printer: http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/3...d-printer.html

I have owned three 3d printers under $1000. A makerbot clone, davinci and now my i3prusa wanhao.

My favorite by far is the i3 prusa. It's pretty affordable also. Underl $500. while I'm not impressed with communication with the company. Slow on email response the printer has had no issues. I mainly print with PLA and some rubber style filament

Hobbyhands Thanks. I think Im going with the Qidi

All Im ordering the QIDI and want to make sure this is the correct one for $650. Thanks Steve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331542524290...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast