Close

Filament testing opportunity - would you like to become a filament tester?

Hey!

I’m with 3Dprintmaterials.guru - We are revolutionizing the way how information about 3D print filaments is presented by introducing a novel approach and providing detailed user experience information. You can get the idea about the platform from this video.

We are calling for 3D printing filament testers to join our platform. By becoming tester you will turn from being a passive user to an active contributor and have the opportunity:
    · To test various 3D printing materials and share your own expert review with entire 3D printing community.
    · To collect our ‘Filameter’ loyalty points by performing material testing and exchange them for 3D printing filament rewards. By performing around 8 tests you will have enough points to exchange them for a full filament spool.

Since the launch of the platform in early 2016, we have 100+ registered testers that have performed 45+ tests and more are still in progress!

All you need to do is go to 3Dprintmaterials.guru, register and apply to become a tester. Submit what filaments you have with you and wait for the testing requests.

See you soon!

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I look forward to seeing how you will account for the differences among machines, slicers, slicer settings and environments.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I signed up last year, I think in December??? submitted I think 2 or 3 reviews. Here are my opinion..

1) There doesn't seem to be any published information quantifying the value of these "points" to actually filament purchases. (you provide the testing filament)
    2) The time, and energy it takes to print, measure, take pictures, and complete the 3 test prints for each completed survey is WAY more (for me at least) then the cost of most standard filament.
    3) The submission system has intermittent problems. It was very frustrating to get to the end of a "test" to find out that the site would error and not allow the submission.

The ONLY way that I see this being a equitable relationship is for them to provide the filament for testing.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    So, let me get this straight. They're asking all this from you, RJ, and they're not supplying the filament to test?
    Honestly, the intel they're looking for could be found on youtube, or here, rather than compiling it and having users spend their time and money, and just pass along the details to that website.
    No bueno.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Easier to do it the way i do it.
    get samples and then test them and post the resuilts round here.

Just changed my spool holders so i can test some nylon bridge (printing at the moment) and then the new flexismart I got yesterday.

Flexismart spool centre is 15mm, taulman is 20mm.
    I now have 12mm carriage bolts :-)

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethebomber View Post
    So, let me get this straight. They're asking all this from you, RJ, and they're not supplying the filament to test?
    Honestly, the intel they're looking for could be found on youtube, or here, rather than compiling it and having users spend their time and money, and just pass along the details to that website.
    No bueno.
    Yep you are right on the money.. No bueno

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Easier to do it the way i do it.
    get samples and then test them and post the resuilts round here.

Just changed my spool holders so i can test some nylon bridge (printing at the moment) and then the new flexismart I got yesterday.

Flexismart spool centre is 15mm, taulman is 20mm.
    I now have 12mm carriage bolts :-)
    Yep, that is indeed the way to do it. Let us know how you make out with that nylon.