Close

Flashforge Finder or Makerbot Replicator 2?? Need Help

I know this is a pretty random question and two completely different 3D printers but i was curious what you guys would do. Either buy a Flashforge Finder for 500 or buy a Makerbot Replicator 2 for 300 dollars more? I'm Pretty torn between the two and not sure what to pick up. I have seemed to read a lot of bad reviews about Makerbot and their support so that's why i'm kinda swaying towards the finder over the replicator 2. The plus side is the replicator 2 has a decent size build volume. Any info is great or experiences with either 3D printer!

Thanks in advance

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It's really a no brainer. If you can find a brand new genuine Makerbot Rep 2 for 800 or so, buy it. Other than that, I recommend a Rep 1 Clone like Flashforge Creator Pro over the Finder.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    It's really a no brainer. If you can find a brand new genuine Makerbot Rep 2 for 800 or so, buy it. Other than that, I recommend a Rep 1 Clone like Flashforge Creator Pro over the Finder.
    Yup can get it for 800 from a local store and I even called makerbot today and they told me they would honor the 799 price directly through them. The only thing I am not liking is that after the 6 months of their warranty is up you have to pay $100 dollars to call in and even ask a questions and supposedly this $100 is then in return applied to parts if needed to fix the printer. Not too sure how I feel about that. Thanks also for the info and recommendation, do you have a Makerbot Rep 2?

Hi , Friend , you can also think about our qidi 3d printer , it is also a good choice .
    Any question can contact me .

Went with the replicator 2 thanks for the responses

hey, i want to ask why the price of Makerbot Replicator 2 is drop to $799.00 on Amazon recently? I searched on makerbot website, it said replicator 2 is out of stock. A little confused, any help about it will be very appreciated.

I noticed the same thing but if you call makerbot over the phone they can give you a price quote for the same price as amazon and have them in stock. I had my local micro center price match amazon because I didn't want to wait for shipping, or have to pay for shipping with ordering it through makerbot! Hope this helps

Just went to register my printer and it's showing as I have no warranty, I'll have to call them Monday but if this is the case I will be returning the printer to Microcenter. It was purchased new in the box it should carry a warranty for 6 months