Close

Convert a baby ultrasonic 3D picture for 3D printing

Hi all,

I am a beginner in photo editing and 3D printing. I have just an idea and want to know if it works.

I want to convert a baby ultrasonic picture (jpg format) so that it possible to print on a 3D printer. I have just one picture.

Is it possible? If yes, what software is the best. How big is the effort for a beginner, for a professional?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks very much.

Regards from Europe.

Schrotti

down load the program Cura by Ultimaker.
    Scan the image and save it as a .jpeg, load it into cura and you can print out the picture.
    i know there are a few websites that you can do it on and you can download the .stl from the web.
    they are not pretty to look at and you cant really tell what it is unless you print it in a clear material and hold it up to the light. then its like wow cool!

they look like a topographical map until you hold it up to the light.

Student
    Add CarterTG on Thingiverse
    Been a while since I studied an ultrasonic image but if the black-to-white range happens to fall in-line with topology, then the image can be treated as an alpha and thus super-useful in sculpting:

After sculpting the rest of the frame or surrounding with a cut-away of an abdomen, ZBrush includes a plugin to export it as a STL that can be passed along to nearly any 3D printer.

Hi CarterTG,
    this sounds not bad. Do you think I can get a final product similar like this http://cdnau.ibtimes.com/sites/au.ib...nborn-baby.jpg

Will not buy a software and then realize thats what I want is not possible.

Regards

Michael