Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looks like the Muve3d is the winner here.

Seems affordable. My prints might take quite a lot of juice but that quality looks perfect and could also last some use.

Im makin airsoft-parts of varying sizes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you definitely need to get some of those parts made by a print service in a variety of materials. No it's maybe not cheap but it will prevent you spending a lot more money on a machine that might not do the job.
    From what I've seen of sla machines the resin tends to be brittle, and it will continue to cure and get harder and more brittle over time as they're exposed to the suns natural uv rays.
    Those sliding rails are going to give issues whetever they're made of.

@awerby: pva support with pla works great - afterall pva is what most people use to stick pla to the print bed. And as far as perfect dual material fff printers go - this sucker is the best around and does the amazing job: the bcn3d sigma just blew me away at the tct show.
    http://www.matterhackers.com/store/p...gma-3d-printer

I was worried the resin might be brittle. Ive seen some external gun parts made of some cheapo resin and you could literaly snap them in half by hand...

These items SHOULD last the rigors of a mi-sim enviroment. We do look after our gear a bit better then real situations require.

As for those examples of mine, allmost everything can be changed. Those rails could be reinforced easily.

fair enough, just as long you know :-)

Resins are improving all the time as the market expands and demand increases. So who knows :-)

Can current sofwares make supports automaticly? That would solve most of my issues. Im a "self thought" SolidWorks user so im lacking in the very basics of things but ive still managed to do quite a lot of things.

Also improved the model by adding more material and a new shape to the thin parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    The BCN Sigma does sound interesting. But the dreaded words "available for pre-order" stayed my clicking finger...

lmao - what that means is the last batch sold out and they're awaiting a new batch.
    These things have been in commercial production for at least 12 months, were NEVER a crowd funding printer and are made by one of spains largest 3d printing companies. :-)

@ swatti. Yep the good slicers will automatically add support if you want them too. I only have experience of simplify3d - and that's totally customicable as well as giving you the option to add your own custom supports if you don't want to use the automatic stuff.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    If you're looking for a very affordable SLA printer, consider OLO, currently on Kickstarter and 25 hours to go in the campaign

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...one-3d-printer

It depends on how money you are willing to spend and what you are exactly looking for. I think you can get good FFF printer, but I can't be sure unless you add more details about what kind of printer you are looking for. Good luck.

Moderator note: Hyperlink from post removed
    Last edited by printbus; 10-05-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12