Well, my first adventure into building a 3d printer didn't go as well as planned. I just want to post the troubles I ran into. First the build its' self went well, the problem I had was int the mounting of the RAMPS. It seems there are traces on the board that are close to the mounting bolt. After installing one of the bolts touched a trace and put 12v to the case of the power supply. After plugging in my Raspberry PI. Full +12 V (and a lot of amps) smoked my Raspberry PI usb ports
Lost the Mega 2560 do to the damage to the USB port and one stepstick. Needless to say I will be installing nylon bolts and possible nylon space when mounting the RAMPs. I would suggest using nylon hardware or putting a non-conductive washers under the bolts. From what I heard, this is the first time anyone has heard of this happening. After inspect the PCB I see copper material in the mounting holes, which could be touching some traces on the board which washer would of helped. Still pleased with the unit, waiting for new stepsticks so I can start printing.