Close

Add Horia on Facebook

Unhappy Problem with Creaform HandyScan UNIScan 2011 model

Hello, I rented a Creaform Handyscan UNIScan 2011 version and it came with a laptop that has VXElements as a scan software.

It didn't worked at first but after 2 hours of trying some stuff like device manager refresh it communicated all of a sudden.
    The next day I tried to use it again and it didn't work, same problem.
    So:
    1. I connected the scanner to the firewire port and inserted in the slot.
    2. The device was recognized as it appeared in the device manager.
    3. The red lights turned on and stayed on (when the scanner worked the lights were off when not using scanner).
    4. I accessed the VXElements software and it says that the scanner is disconnected even though the device manager recognized it.

Tried a lot of stuff like refreshing the device manager and firewire card inserted and exited.
    I don't have the CD and neither does the company I rented it.
    They said that the laptop was updated recently from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

Does anyone have a idea of how to fix this?

Staff Engineer
    It sounds like they shouldn't have "upgraded" to Windows 10. If the device was working under the old OS, they should have left it alone. I don't think the upgrade is reversible. The best fix I can advise is to get another laptop which runs Windows 8.1, download another version of VXElements, and install it. Alternatively you might check with Creaform tech support to see if they've got a version that works with Windows 10.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Add Horia on Facebook
    Thank you for advice. I wouldn't even have bothered anymore if the scanner didn't tease me fo 5 hours and could test a few settings.