Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto leveling

Your servo on/off switch is not working. The servo is getting power all the time. Did you put the jumper in on the pins on the opposite side of the RAMPS board to where the extruder stepper driver plugs in?

The rattle could be the sound of burnt out innards.

OME

Well i am guessing it wanted another degree, due that it might slammed against a piece of wood at the back and didnt go further.
    Well i did it open and one of the gears was broken, already ordered a new one.

Well i soldered it lol :P
    I used some solder and made a small bridge between the two pins that are inside the board, not the one outside.

It did work a few times tho, i typed M401 and M402 and it went great,
    Perhaps i didnt see it that when he went back, that he was hitting the wood and that he wanted to try getting further.
    I HOPE that :P else its something on my ramps board D:

This realy sucked haha :P Realy hoped yesterday i could see it work :P

Jumpers:

Go to your electronics shop and see if you can buy jumper shunts like these:

jumper shunts.jpg

A packet of them came with the last Arduino board I bought. They are easier to work with than soldering bits of wire to your RAMPS.

I know that M401 and M402 are machine instructions in Gcode, but what do they make the machine do?

OME

They simple make the arm go up and down at the degree you selected.

The soldering works afterall anyhow.
    So i guess i dont need it,
    I just used some solder, Without cable i just made a small bridge between the two pins.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 04-06-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Just bought a new one, If that one breaks again i will just give it up i guess,

Its now instead of China from the UK, So i hopefuly still get it this week, So i can print again in my vacation.
    China took easily a month so i didnt want to wait that long again :P

If it works i might buy a reserve from China as those are cheaper/and no shipping fee.

Edit:
    Should get it this week,

I already tested the function, My endstop works and it does the pattern, Now the new servo and it should work nicely ^^
    The only thing is that my Endstop is quiet small, 6mm height and 16 width, Its realy not that much bigger then the Hotend,
    Wich is also a good thing, thanks to that my servo doesnt have to retract a whole lot and i can still use my old Fan duct ^^
    Hopefuly it doesnt break this time, if it does i simple give it up instead of buying even more of em,
    If it works i will simple buy a few reserve servos from China as they are pretty cheap over there (1-2 dollars), But from the UK its easily 10 dollars including shipping
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 04-08-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Installed and works fine, Gotta get it now fine tuned and then its ready ^^

Down side of a small endstop like i have bought (didnt know it was that small lol, it didnt have measurements on the site :P) That i did have a few times that it almost crashed that it didnt click the button,
    As the servo isnt a percision tool it does get a small offset from what you have given, after a few start ups of course.

The Z axis doesnt move alot, i guess that great as it means that my bed is very close to perfect level.
    Most ive seen so far was a halve turn.

One of my first prints with the auto bed leveling, Seems nicely done ^^

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0w1kap044...2022.04.09.jpg

Please post a copy of your new Configuration.h file so we will know what to alter when we do ours.

Old Man Emu

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Please post a copy of your new Configuration.h file so we will know what to alter when we do ours.

Old Man Emu

Well all my numbers will be ofc diffrent then yours, keep that in mind ^^

There are also a few guides online how to do this,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lm2owzcn1v...onfiguration.h

My E axis is also probably diffrent from yours, Colin changed it once from 928 to 942 or something, since his new hotends had less friction, But for my Jhead its still 926.8 or something near that number.
    Also you lose aprox 1.5mm (From each side, so its 3-4mm in total) as the Servo does take a bit of space in the X.

If you have a question feel free to ask here ^^

I also use at the moment 9 probing spots, as i guess that would be a bit more accurate, as if you do only 4, it wont measure the middle wich may be a bit diffrent for example if you did hairspray on it, it will be a few hundreds of a mm diffrent than the rest.

Thank you. Got it and can study it.

OME

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast