Close

Texture from mesh

Did have a 6M poly model coming from the scanner.

Will use it for printing but also want to create a web version, to be shown in browser using Sketchfab or similar webGL render.

Using Meshmixer I did create a 25k poly version, now I want to create a texture that represent the missing details, comparing low and high poly models.

Best way to do that?

Aaah... physical (as opposed to visual) textures on a model are not something easy to do.

Some mechanical engineering softwares have the ability to replicate an operation thus allowing you to do a texture of some sort but that's probably not random enough for what you want to do.

I remember looking at a zbrush vid and they were making textures, you'll have to go through their tutos http://pixologic.com/

Looking here and there appear this is a standard operation in game engines, where you need low poly models looking as good as the high poly modeled and painted in tools such as zbrush.

Discovered tools such as xNormal or MightyBake that allow to compare the two versions and generate different maps (texture bake is the term I did find many times).

Now the problem is understand how to make it work with all the specific jargon about normals, UV mapping, textures etc.