Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    Oh wow that is inexpensive. These Bizer III's are supposed to be basically the same printer, just with a metal frame instead of wood, and the touch screen of course. The tubes mine have are larger inside, and have that PTFE tube insert. If I get that one you linked, would that eliminate the need for that insert? If so, what was the point of using the one with the insert in the first place? Is it for lower friction?
    Yes, idea of Teflon insert was to reduce binding of filament in tube
    and to improve seal between tube and nozzle
    but I've read that it causes more trouble than it helps.
    I know it is really Not needed since we have Never had the type with insert
    and ours works Great !

With the All-thread design there's no problem at seal between tube and nozzle
    since tube can be screwed in to compensate for short-thread nozzles.

Note: make sure it is made of Stainless-steel
    the brass ones are too easily damaged
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 02-29-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Technician
    Well this thing printed out one thing, and then I was unable to get it to work again. I let it go when I went to sleep, and noticed it started "printing" after about an hour and a half of sitting there. When I checked on it, there was no filament coming out. I turned it off and opened a PayPal dispute. I'm done with this junk. I can deal with mechanical stuff, but I can't do anything about firmware malfunctions. I'm just going to get the wood one. At least then I'll be able to find some support for it online. They kept trying to tell me the machine was not used, but that's laughable. Most likely they're playing word games. Sure the machine was probably never used as it is, but they built it with old used parts. Their excuse was that they had to put it together in a hurry, and that is the reason for these problems, not because it's used. I don't think that is really helping their case. They also told me they sold a total of 20 of these world-wide. Good luck finding one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    Well this thing printed out one thing, and then I was unable to get it to work again. I let it go when I went to sleep, and noticed it started "printing" after about an hour and a half of sitting there. When I checked on it, there was no filament coming out. I turned it off and opened a PayPal dispute. I'm done with this junk. I can deal with mechanical stuff, but I can't do anything about firmware malfunctions. I'm just going to get the wood one. At least then I'll be able to find some support for it online. They kept trying to tell me the machine was not used, but that's laughable. Most likely they're playing word games. Sure the machine was probably never used as it is, but they built it with old used parts. Their excuse was that they had to put it together in a hurry, and that is the reason for these problems, not because it's used. I don't think that is really helping their case. They also told me they sold a total of 20 of these world-wide. Good luck finding one of those people.
    I found that I must Preheat at a higher temp, about 10C higher,
    than temp the object will be printed at,
    or it will take a very long time to start printing, if it ever starts.

Yes, the wood design is Good,
    with a few modifications,
    as long as you tighten all the screws holding it together every few months,
    if it is used often.
    Vibration loosens the assembly screws,
    since they did not use lock-nuts or lock-washers.
    And you do Not want to over tighten the screws,
    since it will crush the wood in slots and make it Looser !

Check All assembly screws when you first get printer also,
    to make sure they are tight.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 02-29-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Technician
    I have a CTC Printer with many mods and things, so I can help you as well. Although you'll probably get more support in the FlashForge forum, I don't really know why they have a separate CTC printer forum, when the CTC is a carbon copy of FlashForge (which is a copy of Makerbot).

Quote Originally Posted by cjalas View Post
    I have a CTC Printer with many mods and things, so I can help you as well. Although you'll probably get more support in the FlashForge forum, I don't really know why they have a separate CTC printer forum, when the CTC is a carbon copy of FlashForge (which is a copy of Makerbot).
    Yes, they are Similar, but there are major differences Also !
    And there are different models of Each make also, not just one design.

Technician
    The basic hardware and software still applies though. I have the wood frame CTC version btw.

As to the OP's issue(s), I definitely recommend installing Sailfish firmware (7.7). Go to thingiverse.com, search for Sailfish, download and follow the instructions to the letter. It can be time consuming but it's worth it. Also I use Simplify3D for my slicer software, literally the best investment you could ever make for 3d printing (it's $150 software).

Quote Originally Posted by cjalas View Post
    The basic hardware and software still applies though. I have the wood frame CTC version btw.

As to the OP's issue(s), I definitely recommend installing Sailfish firmware (7.7). Go to thingiverse.com, search for Sailfish, download and follow the instructions to the letter. It can be time consuming but it's worth it. Also I use Simplify3D for my slicer software, literally the best investment you could ever make for 3d printing (it's $150 software).
    Yes, that firmware and software are very Good, from what I've read,
    but are Not really necessary to get Good quality prints.
    We still use original firmware and Makerbot-2.4 slicer and get Great prints.
    (It does take a while to learn to use the old 2.4 slicer though,
    it's all there but not easy to find everything)

Technician
    The problem is I have a different machine. Sure the hardware is the same, but the system is different. Here is a video of this thing not working. I don't see how you are going to be able to install different firmware on this thing with this touch screen and all these graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC1BhMcSXJc

Technician
    Reflashing the firmware or upgrading it may help fix any errors that may have occur during the factory install.

But again, you wont know until your try it.

Technician
    Saw your video on YouTube; without knowing more about the system, I would hazard a guess that perhaps the wiring is faulty for the extruder heating elements. Looks like the machine is attempting to heat the bed and/or the extruder but it isn't sending an electrical signal to either.

To be honest, the printer itself looks pretty nice. That's a nice 4.3" touch screen! But I'm not familiar with the firmware on it. Either way, What is the firmware version installed?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast