Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Technician
    If you bid on them, or make an offer for $650 or $400 + $150 shipping (depending on which listing), you will get it for that price. I don't know of any mods to make the frame steel, other than buying a steel frame. They all come with acrylic covers, but you don't need to put them on unless the material you're printing with requires it.

My friend has a CTC Bizer I with the metal frame, and his whole package was way better. Either they have changed a lot about their packages, and what's included, or this is just what you get with the Bizer III. All I know, is you don't want what I got for $800... trust me.
    Last edited by dspdrew; 03-16-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    If you bid on them, or make an offer for $650 or $400 + $150 shipping (depending on which listing), you will get it for that price. I don't know of any mods to make the frame steel, other than buying a steel frame. They all come with acrylic covers, but you don't need to put them on unless the material you're printing with requires it.

My friend has a CTC Bizer I with the metal frame, and his whole package was way better. Either they have changed a lot about their packages, and what's included, or this is just what you get with the Bizer III. All I know, is you don't want what I got for $800... trust me.
    That Does sound like a Good deal !

To me having a metal-frame is Not that necessary !
    Metal frame is Very Good but wood frame model has a few advantages over metal also.
    (such as easier to modify)
    The only real problem I've had with wood is that assemble-screws vibrate loose,
    after several months of use, but it's not a big problem to tighten them again.
    (I've tightened them 3 times during the 16 months we've had the printer)
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 03-16-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    That Does sound like a Good deal !

To me having a metal-frame is Not that necessary !
    Metal frame is Very Good but wood frame model has a few advantages over metal also.
    (such as easier to modify)
    The only real problem I've had with wood is that assemble-screws vibrate loose,
    after several months of use, but it's not a big problem to tighten them again.
    Just curious, why do you say the wood frame is easier to mod?

Senior Engineer
    All QIDI printers I've seen have full enclosures, which is Not good,
    since enclosures can cause motors to overheat and fail.
    If your motors overheat and fail in an enclosed printer then you should buy better motors. Stepper motors are normally rated at way over the maximum temperature that will be seen in an enclosed 3D printer even if you over drive them or use microstepping. My Wanhao has been enclosed since a few weeks after I got it so that I can print ABS with no problems. It has been that way well over a year and has the cheapest crappiest steppers you have ever seen and they have not failed. I have never known a stepper motor fail due to heat and I have been designing machines that use them for over 20 years.

Just curious, why do you say the wood frame is easier to mod?
    Wood is much easier to drill, cut and fill , than metal.
    (for any addition, change or repair)

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    If your motors overheat and fail in an enclosed printer then you should buy better motors. Stepper motors are normally rated at way over the maximum temperature that will be seen in an enclosed 3D printer even if you over drive them or use microstepping. My Wanhao has been enclosed since a few weeks after I got it so that I can print ABS with no problems. It has been that way well over a year and has the cheapest crappiest steppers you have ever seen and they have not failed. I have never known a stepper motor fail due to heat and I have been designing machines that use them for over 20 years.
    Mine have never failed because I don't use enclosure and have a fan at X & Y motors to prevent overheating.
    If they get too hot to touch, then they are Too Hot !
    (Motor failure info, from over-heat in enclosure, is from videos I've seen on internet)

Senior Engineer
    If they get too hot to touch, then they are Too Hot !
    That is an incorrect statement. Go read some specification data. Guessing technical information is not fact.

Technician
    Wood is much easier to drill, cut and fill , than metal.
    (for any addition, change or repair)
    Oh okay, that's not a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    That is an incorrect statement. Go read some specification data. Guessing technical information is not fact.
    I won't be replying to your Rude statements anymore !

Oh okay, that's not a problem for me.
    Good Luck, with your new printer !
    Have Fun !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast