Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    No need to have more output on the card. You just need to use a different frequency (i.e.: 10-15 Khz = Kit 1, 20-25 Khz = Kit 2).

The Peachy Pro have a focused laser, but I dont know what they are using. Rylan seems pretty good at finding cheap stuff

I thought it uses a 405 nm laser. Glass doesn't block much until you get to the shorter wavelengths. 405 would pass completely through. So, a glass lens would work fine, even down to about 325 nm or so.
    input_optics_graph.jpg

Staff Engineer
    I see glass does better at letting UVb pass through than I would have expected... A 405nm laser? I thought photopolymers needed UVb to cure them, which is a bit below that, and that's just barely at the edge of UVa.

Is the resin y'all are using a special formula for the Peachy, or is it standard Maker Juice?

Student
    Feign,

I just checked and the laser is 405nm. This is known as UVA/VIS as it is at the top of the ultraviolet range and the bottom of the visible range.

Anyway, there are plenty of 405nm laser diodes : http://www.digikey.com/product-highl...er-diodes/3447

Engineer-in-Training
    SubG or SubG+, I can't recall which. But it's just the standard stuff. Cures up to 420nm, it says on the bottle.

Staff Engineer
    Well, I'm happy to be corrected like that! My research into photopolymers was clearly incomplete. So this stuff will cure with a regular blacklight (or blacklight LED), then. I'll have to get some of this to see what other things I can do with it while waiting.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am a bit lost. Is 420nm more or less ultraviolet than 405nm?

Technician
    405 is closer to what you would consider UV, 420 is more toward the visible blue/violet spectrum.

Technician
    605px-Linear_visible_spectrum.svg.png
    Visible spectrum vs wavelength (nm) from Wiki
    Last edited by Pete; 04-18-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: give the picture a useful description

Engineer-in-Training
    Okay, I should have just looked that up, but thanks for clearing it up. So the resin will cure up to about half of the visible UV spectrum.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456