Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by MistahBradley View Post
    Just throwing something out there... most likely not a thing... but what IF... big IF... they're in the process of being bought out by a bigger more successful printing company that will speed up the process? That's the only other thing I can think of since companies buy out smaller ones all the time. Again probably not a thing though. Only the Peachy team knows :/
    Better than the other thought I had about maybe they've run out of money and might be pulling the plug on the whole thing! Could speculate and speculate and be completely wrong so just hoping the next update will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinod View Post
    Better than the other thought I had about maybe they've run out of money and might be pulling the plug on the whole thing! Could speculate and speculate and be completely wrong so just hoping the next update will be soon.
    Only time will tell :/

Time has told, and Kevinod was partially correct:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1572573

@rylangrayston have you considered self certifying for CE? Also, why dont you sell to america without CE certification until you obtain profitability?

Whether I speak for the majority of the backers, or none of them. I speak for me, and I'll tell you exactly what I think. So for my $125+ you willingly let me pay you recently, you're going to listen, so I at least get something for it. Although I've been following Peachy since it's first public announcement, I decided to wait and watch the progression of the project until I felt it was safe to back Peachy several months ago. Now I'm told that most of the money has been stolen years ago, but you still took my money knowing you probably wouldn't deliver. That is clearly how I define a scam. I basically funded design files that are now public domain, which is essentially what will become of Peachy through torrenting, and so people who did not have the faith to back you, are getting the same thing as us backers that did. Why I hold you accountable is because you weren't up front with your backers. The moment this money disappeared, you should have been transparent and laid it out clear to prevent the rest of us throwing money down the toilet. I don't care if you thought you could do it, integrity means doing the right thing, and being clear and upfront until you KNOW you can deliver. What you did was run a Ponzi scheme. I also understand you plan to figure something out, but you allowed the money of the backers that trusted you to be mishandled with no oversight, no overhead management of the overall project, and let unsuspecting victims join this scam. A scam that has been ongoing for years. Now because of your lack of oversight over the project and it's funds, which is what this was that got us here, I have to spend my time speaking to law enforcement? For what? To confirm I got scammed? You're trying to come off like "Oh well, what can you do?" when I'm sure others backed the project while we all waited for your "red tape" BS to clear. You have 0 integrity, and that's the issue I bring up here.

I don't care about seeing the house our money built, and your whole attitude that you're a victim too is a farce. The second your lack of management let this Titanic hit an iceberg, you should have come clear, and warned new backers. YOU lead this whole thing, YOU oversaw the project, and YOU were who we trusted. Instead this whole time you pretended nothing was wrong. How about the thousands of us that now need to look like idiots in front of our friends and family to whom we proudly declared our purchase, despite them being right when they told me "They haven't delivered a single printer in years, you're not getting one, trust me". This is not David's fault, it's your fault for letting David mishandle our money. I'm willing to stick this out, but am I suppose to eagerly await a printer that will be out of date by the time I get it? Is this the fate of the Canadian born project and the Canadian entrepreneur that we proudly backed? To only now have him tell us he's broke and it's not happening?

You did this, you fix it, and you should have started November 2014 coming clean about this. You willingly continued taking money, pretending all was well. You're a charlatan for doing that. The moment one of David's repayments bounced should have been the moment we found out about this. The only transparency I see from you putting your phone call audio online is that you're just as bad, as you knew you scammed new backers like me, by staying hush hush, while pushing this false reality that printers will be shipped soon. You should have stopped taking backers until you knew this project was back on track. I understand backing a loser happens, but you fooled us into backing a dead project, run by scoundrels. Sorry, but that's what you and David are, taking my money well after you knew about it. I'll stop now before I very carefully point out why you should be in jail. As for the "positive" people, they're too simple to see that you actually just played your backers for fools, collecting more and more money until you had no choice but to expose this. You screwed this up, you fix it. You mismanaged our hard earned money, so now you can prove your integrity by getting the money and paying us back, or finishing what you started.

This. Is. Bullshit.

Well this is my lesson learned the hard way. Never backing another project from Kickstarter anymore. Fuck this.

You're damn right, because I realize now this was a scam from the go. David only kept roughly $216,000, but if all the rest of the money is blown, how did they ever intend to pay for stock to actually make all the printers for the thousands of requests since most of the critical parts are still 0 stock. Kickstarter is dead due to garbage like these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MistahBradley View Post
    This. Is. Bullshit.

Well this is my lesson learned the hard way. Never backing another project from Kickstarter anymore. Fuck this.

Just a Reminder for all backers to email the authorities. Lets work together towards justice.

The more I read about this fiasco, the more I realize the Graystons were part of this. This project raised over a million dollars from KS, IG, BK, Grants and Family. David took roughly 216,000, so where did the $800,000+ go? $62,000 on parts and apparently whatever the cheezy confession video production cost. You can't expect us to believe you dropped $800,000+ in wages, because what would be left to finish the project. Even if the 'missing' $200,000 was present, they still couldn't complete the project. So email the authorities and lets get everyone involved that backed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Equipped View Post
    Just a Reminder for all backers to email the authorities. Lets work together towards justice.

The more I read about this fiasco, the more I realize the Graystons were part of this. This project raised over a million dollars from KS, IG, BK, Grants and Family. David took roughly 216,000, so where did the $800,000+ go? $62,000 on parts and apparently whatever the cheezy confession video production cost. You can't expect us to believe you dropped $800,000+ in wages, because what would be left to finish the project. Even if the 'missing' $200,000 was present, they still couldn't complete the project. So email the authorities and lets get everyone involved that backed this.
    Not certain where the over a million came from, but let's assume it *is* 800.000 on wages in 2.5 years, then it is still not *that* much... That is "only" a gross average of 27,000 per month... That is about (after insurances, taxes, etc.) a net salary budget of 16000 per month *for all people* working at Peachy... Which ignores any other expenses they'd have (like rent for their building/offices, electricity, water and other costs, etc. etc. etc.) AFAICT the amount was less though!...
    Many people do not realize how much extra costs an employer has per employee above the net salary they pay out...

*Not* saying Rylan has *no* responsibility in this, just saying that the above statement is not very well calculated through...

My TL:DR answer to the above: Yes, it is very conceivable to 'drop' that much in to payroll!

Oh, and I very much support the call to justice part: Please DO give as much info as you can to the authorities!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345