Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Your comments are unfair entirely - stating honest companies give 2 year warranties in the EU is rubbish. The legal standard is 12 months.
    Know your rights citizen:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens...s/index_en.htm

Wherever you buy goods in the EU, you have two years to request repairs or replacement if they turn out to be faulty or not as advertised. If a product cannot be repaired or replaced within a reasonable time or without inconvenience, you may request a refund or price reduction.
    The two-year guarantee period starts as soon as your goods are delivered, and you must inform the seller of the fault within two months of discovering it.
    The seller is always liable, and in some EU countries you also have the right to request a remedy from the producer.

Your two-year guarantee cannot be shortened by a commercial guarantee
    Now on used goods

"In the case of second-hand goods, the buyer and seller can agree to a guarantee period of less than two years, but no shorter than one year. This should be made clear to you at the time of purchase."

you are not a regulatory body that has the right to become nasty at them for doing so.
    I'm not nasty, show me a single claim that can be proven otherwise. You can't? So let's recap:

My claim 1 post21, Bottom of the prints look really not the best - Fact
    My claim 2 post22, 1.5microns positioning accuracy is really theoretical - Fact
    My claim 3 post24, china lm8uu bearing for 8$, SKF bearing for 45$ - martin orlanowski registered not to post speck sheet but to argue about pulley accuracy? I did not even mentioned that.
    My claim 4 post29, Official photos is really not that well made, no lines visible.
    Last edited by huberbobas; 03-07-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Don't buy one ! Simple !

And regarding the website you googled it is misleading and paraphrases the actual law. If you read the actual European Directive 1999/44/EC to which the website interprets, it would state that you do have a period of two years in which to make a claim for a defect - in fact it's actually 6 years in the UK under the Sale of Goods Act (member states can afford their own greater consumer protection), however this does not mean that you have 2 years full warranty. It means that you have 2 years in which to file a claim for a defect that was present at the time of manufacture or for a beach of initial contract. In the case of the manufacturing defect the consumer is obliged under any pursuing claim to be able to prove that the defect occurred within the first 6 months. That is EU law. In the UK as I say the time limit for a claim is 6 years whilst this would ordinarily be in respect of the goods being "fit for purpose".

Honestly I'm not here to argue but one of the things I acknowledge is that no one has the answers to all questions - as just highlighted. For this reason I think we should all exercise more constraint in our opinions and be less judgemental of others.

I really am leaving now
    Last edited by jayceekeys; 03-07-2014 at 02:41 AM.

I am outa here too, I see why you were banned now huberbobas.

OK, fine leave if you want, If I had hurt you ego. If you want to buy hardware with markings sanded off (like any cheap Chinese stuff) it's your call.

Nice story turn you 3D printer to something useful
    http://3domen.com/index.php?newsid=8473
    Last edited by huberbobas; 03-07-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huberbobas View Post

Now on used goods

"In the case of second-hand goods, the buyer and seller can agree to a guarantee period of less than two years, but no shorter than one year. This should be made clear to you at the time of purchase."

I'm not nasty, show me a single claim that can be proven otherwise. You can't? So let's recap:

My claim 3 post24, china lm8uu bearing for 8$, SKF bearing for 45$ - martin orlanowski registered not to post speck sheet but to argue about pulley accuracy? I did not even mentioned that.
    My claim 4 post29, Official photos is really not that well made, no lines visible.
    You are behaving like lawyer but you do not differentiate between warranty and guarantee.

@ huberbobas LOL... It's very easy to call something crap when you don't own it. You must understand that Zortrax has only been out for a few months. Improvements will be made. I'm pretty sure the first cell phone was not even close to what it is today. (I had one, Motorola brick, now Galaxy S4) I feel sorry for you. You want the very best out of the gate. Just doesn't happen. You must be a young pup with no life experience. Your attitude will change in time.(If it doesn't, I feel sorry for you) You don't seem to understand how technology progresses. WITH FEEDBACK FROM USERS!!!! I'm glad that Zortrax is not for you. Buy a Stratasys!!!!!! That should keep your wallet busy. I happen to like my Zortrax. Good luck in your endeavours..
    Last edited by kyle; 03-07-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    @ huberbobas LOL... It's very easy to call something crap when you don't own it. You must understand that Zortrax has only been out for a few months. Improvements will be made. I'm pretty sure the first cell phone was not even close to what it is today. (I had one, Motorola brick, now Galaxy S4) I feel sorry for you. You want the very best out of the gate. Just doesn't happen. You must be a young pup with no life experience. Your attitude will change in time.(If it doesn't, I feel sorry for you) You don't seem to understand how technology progresses. WITH FEEDBACK FROM USERS!!!! I'm glad that Zortrax is not for you. Buy a Stratasys!!!!!! That should keep your wallet busy. I happen to like my Zortrax. Good luck in your endeavours..
    Very nice.

I'm still deciding myself... I'm leaning more heavily towards the UM2, but I'm still very unsure.

@huberbobas The Zortrax has a 1-year warranty, Makerbot offers a 6 months warranty, and Ultimaker offers a 3-month warranty. Your argument there is invalid. I also believe I saw your angry post on 3DERS about Zortrax raising the price of the filament for the EU customers, yet you don't even own the printer?

Thanks!! I'm very impressed with the quality of the prints for a company who has designed everything from the ground up. I must say that I like the rigid aluminum frame of Zortrax over the plastic of UM2. Never played with a UM2 though. The Zortrax is very solid. I hope you are happy in whatever direction you go.

Quote Originally Posted by huberbobas View Post

Now on used goods

Seems that you have some personal business to hate Zortrax, I don't want to discuss with you as I wrote in previous post you wasted enough of internet space and whichever I wrote you turn it into next offensive posts.

I just care what Zortrax owners think and writing about it (but you are not Zortrax owner and I suggest for you to order reprap this is the best product for you, open documentation etc.), you have freedom of speech and you can walk around creating new stories, new idea for you can be that maybe Zortrax frame is toxic.

You just walking around from website to website using different nicknames and creating rumors about Zortrax.

Regards
    Last edited by Martin Olchanowski; 03-07-2014 at 11:27 PM.

@yosemiteSam

You are behaving like lawyer but you do not differentiate between warranty and guarantee.
    Yes I know the difference, this was a quote from europa.eu not my words. It was just to show that a user can get guarantee at used items of 1 year. Is zortrax such a good printer to get a same time period as used goods? Think about it, then reply.

@kyle

You must understand that Zortrax has only been out for a few months. Improvements will be made.
    Zortrax has demonstrated the auto leveling raft, and better than 0.19 or 0.14 Z layer performance even during kickstarter, it was their decision to change CPU platforms and then the promises went out the window. Zortrax needs to differentiate an idea from a feature that you announce.

I'm pretty sure the first cell phone was not even close to what it is today. (I had one, Motorola brick, now Galaxy S4) I feel sorry for you.
    Good comparison, old cellphones batteries lasted forever, how long does your galaxy S4 battery last? And how often you pay half zortrax price for a cell phone?

You want the very best out of the gate. Just doesn't happen.
    No, I want a company to declare true information, not marketing, like declared theoretical 1.5microns.
    I want to know what i'm paying for, instead of getting sanded components. No computer, phone, IT big company does that.

Your attitude will change in time. (If it doesn't, I feel sorry for you)
    Usually sellers do not like smarter customers than average Joe.

You don't seem to understand how technology progresses. WITH FEEDBACK FROM USERS!!!!
    Somehow I don't have "bad attitute" problems elsewhere, maybe it's you who are so inexperienced that even facts posted above don't mean anything for you.
    How can they, you bought the printer now you are defending it.

Good luck in your endeavours..
    Thank you.

@atoff

The Zortrax has a 1-year warranty, Makerbot offers a 6 months warranty, and Ultimaker offers a 3-month warranty. Your argument there is invalid.
    Last time I checked the Makerbot is not EU company, the Ultimaker like zortrax care not about laws.

You should have mentioned Apple, "http://www.techcentral.ie/eu-law-forces-apple-two-year-warranty/"
    http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

I also believe I saw your angry post on 3DERS about Zortrax raising the price of the filament for the EU customers, yet you don't even own the printer?
    I never posted on that site, there are many angry kickstarter users, do you think the thread at zortrax forum was started by me?
    http://zortrax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=155

Real filament price is 12$ as was again posted on zortrax forum, if the post is not deleted yet. Since you buy from china at this low cost you pay no tax or vat.

@Martin Orlanowski

Seems that you have some personal business to hate Zortrax, I don't want to discuss with you as I wrote in previous post you wasted enough of internet space and whichever I wrote you turn it into next offensive posts.
    Since when offensive post is telling facts?
    Last edited by huberbobas; 03-08-2014 at 02:12 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast