Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huberbobas View Post
    Disappearing user posts from zortrax forum is really starting to look the norm for that forum, angry users are posting only in shoutbox for the same reason. Communication with zortrax is non existing, maybe it's fine if you are hobby user, but I can't imagine zortrax targeting businesses with this lack of communication, forum moderation attitude when any critics is censored.

When this forum will have a dedicated forum section for zortrax not moderated by zortrax staff you will see the real deal.

I don't see why you couldnt place a Zotrax review or problem in the Reprap forums?

You don't need a whole new fora for a other (brand).

Personaly i think this forum already made to many forums to begin with (at the printer section).

creating different forums is an advantage imho, look at cnczone forum very organized, many many forum sections. The threads count clearly shows popularity of a brand in an unbiased way. There are many advantages too.

Technologist
    Disappearing user posts from zortrax forum is really starting to look the norm for that forum, angry users are posting only in shoutbox for the same reason. Communication with zortrax is non existing, maybe it's fine if you are hobby user, but I can't imagine zortrax targeting businesses with this lack of communication, forum moderation attitude when any critics is censored.

When this forum will have a dedicated forum section for zortrax not moderated by zortrax staff you will see the real deal.
    Huberbobas, I did a quick Google search for your username and found that you've signed up to a few forums just to post negative comments about Zortrax. I don't see any other posts from you on any other topic besides the negative posts towards Zortrax... yet, you don't own one. Why bother? What's your agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by atoff View Post
    Huberbobas, I did a quick Google search for your username and found that you've signed up to a few forums just to post negative comments about Zortrax. I don't see any other posts from you on any other topic besides the negative posts towards Zortrax... yet, you don't own one. Why bother? What's your agenda?
    And why should anyone keep silent, when a company tries to use unfair marketing of a product? I have not heard any arguments that would show my claims to be false.
    Why do you say negative? Highlighting problem areas can be positive! the manufacturer can improve or fix it, change their attitude on forums. How many companies do you know where CEO moderates the forum?

Seems like kindergarten to me, the CEO should not show the lack of communication and diplomacy with such actions. A busy CEO needs to manage the company, not censor forum posts. And zortrax needs to get the management together to reply to emails on time etc. The release of bonds for 10M seems funny to me at the state the company is now, would you invest into company that does not reply to emails for weeks?
    Last edited by huberbobas; 03-18-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Technologist
    And why should anyone keep silent, when a company tries to use unfair marketing of a product? I have not heard any arguments that would show my claims to be false.
    Why do you say negative? Highlighting problem areas can be positive! the manufacturer can improve or fix it, change their attitude on forums. How many companies do you know where CEO moderates the forum?

Seems like kindergarten to me, the CEO should not show the lack of communication and diplomacy with such actions. A busy CEO needs to manage the company, not censor forum posts. And zortrax needs to get the management together to reply to emails on time etc. The release of bonds for 10M seems funny to me at the state the company is now, would you invest into company that does not reply to emails for weeks?
    And what stake do you have in the company? Why's it so important to you? I see no mention of you wanting to buy their product, nor any mention of you looking for another product. You joined the Ultimaker forum as well, only to post about Zortrax, and how they delete forum posts. No mention on the Ultimaker forum either of you being interested in purchasing a Zortrax nor an Ultimaker. Then I see a post from you on a jewelry making site complaining about the quality of someone's test print. Again, no other posts besides the one's against Zortrax, so from that it's clear you have some kind of agenda with this company... what it is, I really don't know nor care about, just that your opinion has become null for the fact.

your opinion has become null for the fact.
    I don't want to discuss opinions, do you have facts that my claims in this thread are false? If you have nothing to say then please do not say anything.

The zortrax password protected software and even user manual speaks for itself. i can't remember when was the last time I so a company protect user manual with a password to be able to read it? Do you?
    Last edited by huberbobas; 03-18-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Technologist
    Ignoring the troll and getting back on topic, I've been turned off by the UM2. It's probably a great printer, but I do feel that it's a bit expensive for what it is.
    I've been looking at two others however... one is the Airwolf3D HD http://airwolf3d.com/store/products/...model-aw3d-hd/, the other is a little more risky... the F306 from a startup Fusion3 http://www.fusion3design.com/. It doesn't look like much, but look at that build volume! 12x12x12! and the prints look great! The AW3D is a little more than I want to spend, and the F306 is just unrefined, and a bit too homebrew, but both have everything going for them. The AW3D HD has a 12x8x12" build size and is able to print at 50microns after switching to a 0.35mm nozzle (of course, this increases the price even more, as it comes standard with only the 0.50mm nozzle).

After zortrax just recently disabled the "orders and shipping" forum section because numerous discussions they did not like to be public some users decided to post questions elsewhere:

Before it gets deleted here is a copy:

user kazz911

1. We are sitting on beta software - with no updates in a long long time - and no progress reports at all. It has been > 1 1/2 months since last update - and we still can't auto calibrate the printer - and need to switch it on/off after each print to keep the heated bed hot.

2. We have been promised ability to buy spare parts - nothing has happened.
    3. A mock up of a "Enclosure" to keep temperature stable was promised for just after Chinese new year
    4. Delivery of PC ABS?
    5. [edit] Almost forgot - 2nd extruder support - [ quote from Zortrax december "Dual Extruder upgrade is almost finished - we have a few cosmetic fixes. We can't promise a date but should be February or March"]
    I'm just feeling that Zortrax does not care about us at all - or have other more "pressing issues"
    I'm not far from putting my M200 up for sale - only due to complete lack of response(ability) shown from Zortrax. I only bought because they "used to be" very responsive.
    I don't know if you feel the same. But I'm feed up with having a 1/2 functional printer.
    Hi Julia, I, among other things, do ARM micro-controllers for a living... 6 weeks is a LONG time when customers are already all on beta test "firmware" (lets be true - and call it Alpha test - beta test is reserved for "Feature complete and thought to be bug free" releases. Alpha release are releases with known bugs that are not feature complete. - most companies have forgotten the definitions though and call everything beta)
    Small Issues:
    1. Sensor connector for the heated bed - is not really meant to be unplugged a lot. I don't have the spec sheet for that exact connector - but I would guess it is designed for max 200-500 disconnects. I don't have any good ideas on how to solve it - but I would stock a spare sensor cable and heated bed
    6 weeks is a long time to fix a stupid bug like heated build plat "reset needed" - things like that should be fixed same week it is reported. I'm not complaining that I can't print in higher / lower resolution. But I do want my printer to be able to run without I have to turn it on / off all the time. I also want that auto calibration. Those two issues are important. Next is the print quality - that should be better on the underside of prints. Rest - fine that they are not implemented right now - but a bit of openness would be nice - like this is our "release plan" - without dates on it.

Please remember - I did NOT buy as a Kickstarter. I bought after Kickstarter printers started shipping - and this forum was band new. Things happened quickly - lots of updates - and a reasonable amount of openness.
    Now it is all about "closing" everything off - download of manual need serial number entry, no communications about what is going on. I think Zortrax think they are Microsoft. But again - that is just attitude. Right now Zortrax can not rely on me for recommendations - I tell people to stay far away at least until the brochure listed features are completed.
    I don't know what I'll buy - but I think I'll go back to Ultimaker. At least they fix their bugs within reasonable short time (<2 weeks after I report a bug) - for indoor things I have gone back to using my Ultimaker I - since the lower surfaces look a lot nicer. Now I only use the Zortrax for outdoor stuff that has to be ABS.

Last edited by huberbobas; 03-22-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Technician
    After zortrax just recently disabled the "orders and shipping" forum section because numerous discussions they did not like to be public some users decided to post questions elsewhere:
    If you really want to buy a printer is it not better to ask multiple users opinion about the printer?

Ignoring the troll and getting back on topic, I've been turned off by the UM2. It's probably a great printer, but I do feel that it's a bit expensive for what it is.
    I've been looking at two others however... one is the Airwolf3D HD http://airwolf3d.com/store/products/...model-aw3d-hd/, the other is a little more risky... the F306 from a startup Fusion3 http://www.fusion3design.com/. It doesn't look like much, but look at that build volume! 12x12x12! and the prints look great! The AW3D is a little more than I want to spend, and the F306 is just unrefined, and a bit too homebrew, but both have everything going for them. The AW3D HD has a 12x8x12" build size and is able to print at 50microns after switching to a 0.35mm nozzle (of course, this increases the price even more, as it comes standard with only the 0.50mm nozzle).
    Why have you been turned off by the UM2. We got ours a few weeks ago and it has been been printing great daily. It has proven to be a great addition to our printer farm.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast