Close

What would you like to see MakerBot 6th Generation Printers Include?

Let's hear what everyone wants the next generation of 3D printers from Makerbot to include.

Here are mine:
    - Increase print speed by 2X
    - standard dual extruders on all printers
    - new technology other than FDM (FFF). I'd like to see SLS specifically.

It'd be great to have a very precise final output -> a SLA/DLP type techno (SLS seems not exactly home friendly to me).

I'm definitely in favor of a 25liter+ print volume.

A mature software and hassle free process (no tinkering with cleaning products and bed taping).

A smart interface/slicer : pause, material quantity check, failure recovery, ...

And, while we're at it, why not the integration of very innovative open source programs on the web like the fantastic Make it stand !
    http://igl.ethz.ch/projects/make-it-stand/

I think we'd all love to see a huge increase in speed, but I'm not sure if FDM printers will ever be able to get much faster. So that coincides with SLS technology, but I'm not so sure that SLS will ever be that feasible for an at-home printer.

How about one that works?

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Wireless printing? Ditch the cables.

Add postmahomeson on Facebook Add postmahomeson on Google+
    i wanted to give a larger general subjestion for makerbot , i agree with Donny i would also like to compatible with all maker bot filaments , and add some other filaments such as Polymide , etc . add faster prints , large build envelope by demensions , cost effective , with built in fans , energy effeincy, more Acecpted file formats , custom pattern filaments (including lincensing agreements such as for example real tree, plus new option for comerical 3-d marketplace , a 3-d printing version of social media featuring friend finder with advanced search , a list of administrators , and economically partner with material scientists , filament subscriptions all of that would improve a lot
    Last edited by postmahomeson; 12-24-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Forget all this stuff, I know of one killer feature they absolutely must​ add. Make it print.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    How about a return label?