Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post a FFCP new owner here!!

Sooo....after alot (and i mean A LOT..!)of chcking i purchase the FFCP ..

i didnt get it yet...out of stock... :/

since im new in 3dprinting....(and i mean new like ZERO expiriance in 3dprinting..).
    i did saw alot of clips in youtube....but that doesnt reely count

I thought it could be a good things that you guys would give a BROTHER some tips...

so when it will be deliverd ...ill have some knowledge about it and how to make the best of it

im using sketchup...and good at it..

im thinking about purchasing simplify3d....should i??

anything...and i mean ANYTHING!!! that you think could be helpfull....pleeaz do!!

Add Horia on Facebook
    Hello Artisan. I'm new here too with FFCP and until now I had some good and bad prints, my colleague did a lot of hours of calibrating. Prints are ok, a little stringing, but I guess with more tests it will probably go away.

The only major problem I had was the difference in height for the extruder heads. One of them was below the other one and had to print with only one head. I sent it back and received it with the problem almost fixed. The heads are still not on the same level and have problems.

I am waiting for a response in another thread http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...s-prints/page9 and hope to get a answer.

There are a lot of resources for the FFCP, especially here:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?491-Flashforge-3D-Creator-forum

Have fun printing and don't lose your patience.

hey Horia

i knew it not the BEST one around....
    but in that budget....its GREAT!!....

it seems to have a lot of users....most of them are more than happy with it...
    and a lot of youtubers got it.....
    if you wanna have a perfect machine....youll neet top$$$
    so if somone buying a machine in around 1K$ ....and think he will have a perfct out of the box "printing"....and evry print will be flawless...
    he is a bit dummy
    its obvius that tweaking and patience will be needed...

i need it mostlly for utilitiy (gears,tamplets,gigs...and so)....but not just that..

by my name...and my avatar pic...(yes...those my hands)
    workig with nuts&scrwes if not new for me...
    i saw some clips about it....and it looks fairlly easy to "play" with its components

*srry for misspels and grammer

Add Horia on Facebook
    You are right, for the money you pay for it you get awesome results. It's a pretty reliable machine.

Have fun printing!

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTISAN View Post
    Sooo....after alot (and i mean A LOT..!)of chcking i purchase the FFCP ..

i didnt get it yet...out of stock... :/

since im new in 3dprinting....(and i mean new like ZERO expiriance in 3dprinting..).
    i did saw alot of clips in youtube....but that doesnt reely count

I thought it could be a good things that you guys would give a BROTHER some tips...

so when it will be deliverd ...ill have some knowledge about it and how to make the best of it

im using sketchup...and good at it..

im thinking about purchasing simplify3d....should i??

anything...and i mean ANYTHING!!! that you think could be helpfull....pleeaz do!!
    There are tons of upgrade threads in the forums, and Yes you should purchase simplify3D, it IS the best 'upgrade' you can make for the FFCP (and other printers as well)

Technician
    Save yourself some money on the FFCP and get the QiDi Tech 3D Printer; it's an almost exact clone and I hear the customer support is great. You'll save a few hundred bucks.

And YES with those savings, BUY Simplify3D, best purchase I ever made in software. It makes slicing STL files and configuring your printer super easy and visual.

Quote Originally Posted by cjalas View Post
    Save yourself some money on the FFCP and get the QiDi Tech 3D Printer; it's an almost exact clone and I hear the customer support is great. You'll save a few hundred bucks.

And YES with those savings, BUY Simplify3D, best purchase I ever made in software. It makes slicing STL files and configuring your printer super easy and visual.
    so... the FFCP is a clone of the MakerBot Replicator...and the QiDi Tech 3D is a clone of the FFCP..

well...
    Although im a big STAR WARS fan.....atack of the clone is not my favorite one..(the empire strikes back is)

and i got mine at a local store....at a very good price...that is less (+shipment+tax over here)

any way...i didnt ment those kind of tips..
    but i will take you ServiceXp on the simplify3d..

well...i guess ill go thread digging

tanx!!

Engineer-in-Training
    It's best to use the printer a bit before making any changes or upgrades. Although it may be a good idea to bite the bullet and purchase simplify3d.

One thing you need to do out of the box is to install a guide tube bracket, otherwise you will get tangles and failed prints using the rear filament holders.

This should be your first print: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:895591

Technician
    Once you've gotten close on the nozzle height, the best way to get them level is to use a shim. Some people use tin foil between the cooling block and the carriage. I use a bit of a silicone kitchen mat that I cut up. Then it is an easy matter to adjust the last few hundredths of a millimeter by choosing how tight the left and right screws should be relative to each other.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hahaha.. only yesterday you were saying you were not sure, but I'm glad you bought it! I know I will be getting more pm's...
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast