Hello folks!

I work at a 3D labb in an art school as a teacher assistant. Our wish here is that we want to monitor our MakerBot replicator 2 while its printing. It happens that a print takes longer overnight and we may not maintain the printer at these late times. And if something bad happens to it, either if it prints wrong or the material is stuck behind, we must somehow control the printer remotely while we are at home. And cases the printer does an error we must shut it down remotely.
My current solution is to fix a webcam and attach it to the side of the printer. Then I found a handy iphone app called AtHome which you can view your webcam. Problem is that it doesnt work at far distance, if you want to be home for example. And I havent found any solution for shutting the Makerbot remotely.
I have heard from my boss that she has visited printing companies and saw people doing this. And that those people have searched in the forum of this method and applied it to their printers. But unfortunately, I have no luck of founding anything.

So if anyone know any of this technique, let me know please. We want our students to live in a better 3D printing world!

thanks in regard!