Close

Powerspec ULTRA 3d Printer

Hi Folks,
    does anyone have any experience with the Powerspec Ultra 3d Printer

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...tra_3D_Printer

The Powerspec Pro is hard to find in Microcenters around me, but the Ultra was in stock, but I can't seem to find anything on the web about it.

Thanks for your help.

My understanding is that the MicoCenter Powerspec 3D printers are just relabeled FlashForge printers. I own a PS Pro and it works well. I am just guessing but it looks like the PS Ultra is the same as the FF Dreamer but with the older cabinet design, looks like the same LCD etc.

Incorrect, not the same LCD look closer. I actually found the PDF instructions on google. I would give the link, but can't find it again. I DO have the PDF though

Pic is deceiving because the top/bottom of lcd boarders are black(not active in image)

Door hinges are now on the left, clear windows on left/right sides of unit.

It has the same M4 core processor board and touchscreen LCD as the dreamer, everything else looks the same as powerspec 3d pro. Microcenter did not list it as wifi, but the pdf says it does and shows how to connect.

I am tempted to exchange the 3d pro I just bought and pickup the ultra for $300 more, problem is, people were having problems with wifi drops with the dreamer, so they released a V2 wifi dreamer, soooo, did the ultra get v1 or v2 wifi? that is what is holding me back, along with wifi print initiation only seeming to be working with their software.

I can upload the PDF, tell me if I need to zip it first or not...
    448607_705640_01_front_zoom.jpg
    Last edited by bonzo; 09-04-2015 at 10:33 AM.

I own a PowerSpec Ultra

I purchased one about a month ago. Awesome printer for the price. The guts are from the FlashForge Dreamer. The exterior of the FlashForge and PowerSpec look a lot different but they are almost identical other than that. Don't get confused with the FlashForge Pro. This Ultra is a newer model. They are old my Micro Center. Do a web search for PowerSpec Ultra Micro Center and you will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramtaajogi View Post
    Hi Folks,
    does anyone have any experience with the Powerspec Ultra 3d Printer

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...tra_3D_Printer

The Powerspec Pro is hard to find in Microcenters around me, but the Ultra was in stock, but I can't seem to find anything on the web about it.

Thanks for your help.

Engineer
    I know it's a bit off topic, I just purchased a "CTC 3D Pro" off of Ebay recently, $450 brand new, 1 year warranty. After adding a few printed out upgrades to it, and adding a glass bed plate, this thing is basically just as good as my $1400 Flashforge creator pro (or Powerspec 3D pro) print-wise. The case itself is a bit weaker, but that has not been a issue as I don't move my printer around constantly.

The problem with the Ultra(Dreamer) is that you don't have the control over important settings that the "old" one does.

No JKN advance settings, no installing new versions of Sailfish as they roll out, no adjusting max speed change(xy jerk), only acceleration.
    No being able to use GPX plugin on octoprints interface to change EEPROM settings, etc

They totally took all that control freedom away.

I know this because I was debating between the 3D PRO($699) and the Ultra($999) . I was in the store and saw the Ultra prints. I saw a lot of corner ringing. I asked them to cancel the current print so I could adjust "max speed change". That option is nowhere anywhere to be found, only acceleration. Not on the printer screen, not in the flashprint software, and you cannot use ReplicatorG to change the software settings, because it's incompatible.

I chose the 3D pro, for $699, brought it home, flashed it with the latest Jettyware Sailfish, added octoprint, plugged a webcam into it, and life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Davefromhowell View Post
    I purchased one about a month ago. Awesome printer for the price. The guts are from the FlashForge Dreamer. The exterior of the FlashForge and PowerSpec look a lot different but they are almost identical other than that. Don't get confused with the FlashForge Pro. This Ultra is a newer model. They are old my Micro Center. Do a web search for PowerSpec Ultra Micro Center and you will find it.
    Last edited by bonzo; 10-19-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Hey bonzo, would I be able to do the same to my PS Ultra 3D?
    I searched on google but did not get good results.
    Thanks