Close

Cube 3 by Cubify, Any reviews or anyone own one?

Hi everyone just looking for some info from anyone that owns a Cube 3 3d printer or knows of a video or written review? I currently have my money sitting on the solidoodle press but i have been waiting through multiple delays and just not sure how i feel about waiting anymore of the possible quality of what i am going to get. Seems the older cube printers where no good but from the little bit of info i got from a user on instagram who has a Cube 3 the print quality look extremely clean.

Also i see this prints in both ABS and PLA with their proprietary cartridges, but i'm curious how this is done without a heated bed? I'm a little bit of a newbie and have always thought you need a heated bed to print ABS but i could be wrong.

Thanks again everyone!

Yes i owned one. Broke after a couple of days. Stay away.

Funny you say this because I got one through staples with the 15% off coupon which was a deal, but I noticed that it was extremely loud and I was having issues with the cartridges at 95 percent full

Staff Engineer
    It's been a year since last post. Is this thread that dead? I've had a 3rd gen for a while and it's been doing fine. The occasional filament feed problem, which requires almost complete disassembly of the cartridge. I've done it so often that it's a five minute process now.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    given how much the price of printers has dropped and the associated issues with the cubify machines - nobody needs to buy a cheap machine wit propriatary cartridges any more.

so yep - thread pretty much dead :-)

Staff Engineer
    Yes, the approximately US$150 per kilogram price is a killer. If I hadn't gotten such a great deal on the one I now own, I would not be as positive about it. I'm hoping some computer genius out there will reverse engineer the controller and make it possible to use Simplify3d or similar software to bypass the proprietary cartridges and give better control over the print. If not, I'll run it until it dies!